Blogs are a smart thanks to write on a subject that actually interests you, and it’s not unusual for job candidates to search out ways that to integrate blogs into their job search procedure, whether it is by:
- Bringing up their blog within the interview.
- Incorporating their blog into a resume or cover letter.
Short answer: No
Although – and this is a big however – the vast majority of all blogs have problems that create them inadequate for your job search. For a blog to be useful, it must:
- Consist of Only skilled Posts – If swore, ranted, went off topic or wrote poorly anywhere in your blog, involving back when your blog was first developed, the blog is no longer suitable for your interviewer. If you direct your employer to the blog, you don’t know how many posts they will read. Even if you’ve written extremely professional and well written posts for over a year, the interviewer may go back further and find one post that is unprofessional. That one post could lose you the job.
- Contain just Related Content – The blog must merely contain content related to the job field. If you go off on tangents throughout your blog, you might come off as disorganized or unprofessional, or you might touch upon a subject that the interviewer disagrees with (like politics or religion).
- Contain merely Interesting Information – For your blog to matter, it must have fascinating ideas. Preferably distinctive or well researched ideas. If all your blog does is rehash basic tips that relate to the field/industry, then your website doesn’t offer anything that would assist you to stand out as a candidate.
The blog must also be well designed and entirely free of ads. You should also have moderated your comments to delete any spam, angry comments and junk comments
- Almost no blogs qualify for all of the criteria listed on top of. As an outcome, though you may have some fascinating posts or have a web site that offers solid reasons for the corporate to rent you, there are merely too several risks attached lease your asker understand your web site. Only if your blog meets each single one of those criteria is it price referring in your application spoken language.
« Back Rewrite again