|Date Posted||April 24, 2019|
|Education Requirement||Bachelors/Master’s Degree|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
|Street address||Islamabad Capital Territory|
Youth Resilience and Humanitarian Coordinator
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Contract type: Fixed Term
Application Closing Date: 7 May 2019
Interview date: 24/05/2019
Start date: 15/07/2019
To lead on resilience and humanitarian work in-country and provide the technical inputs ensuring organisational resilience building.
- Education to a Master's degree level preferably in social sciences
- Exposure and experience to humanitarian, Resilience, DRR and climate change
Program design, planning, capacity building and networking
- At least 10 years' experience in the humanitarian sector
- Experience of working in a leadership position within a team structure
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Proven programme & project cycle management
Skills - proposal and report writing skills
monitoring and evaluation skills and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and experience of emergency and development issues; deep understanding of causes of emergencies, emergency programming and links with policy
- Ability to link with other players in the development arena and represent VSO effectively
- Ability to analyse and communicate complex information to a wide audience
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise well and meet deadlines
- Experience in and the ability to train, coach, mentor people
- The role is variable with well-defined targets and/or minimum standards and is both proactive and reactive.
- To take the lead role in fundraising efforts in the humanitarian sector and produce clear and quality reports (financial and narrative) that demonstrate good accountability.
- Understanding and valuing the role of volunteering for development and volunteering in emergencies
Right to work in Pakistan is required.
Equal Opportunities and benefit:
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. Qualified and experienced females are highly encouraged to apply. VSO also provides medical coverage for dependents and flexible working options.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.