|Date Posted||December 3, 2020|
Sales & Marketing
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Position: Expert Channel Planning
Last date to apply: 9th December, 2020
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 64 + million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
- Within 30 days you will:Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with a detailed orientation program where you will learn about Jazz’s core values, business, and productsMeet the relevant stakeholders concerning your teamDevelop understanding of your division, function, its structure, and your role within the team.
Develop understanding of the role of sales team and channel which include Retail, Franchise, Sales & Distribution Supervisor and Area Managers
Develop understanding of sales reports, promo reports and come up with new ideas
Develop understanding of Business Case and promo paper
Establish good relationship with relevant department teams e.g. Finance planning and analysis, Marketing and Pricing etc.
- Within 60 days, you will:Build understanding of designing lucrative Channel Promos & regular Post Promo Analysis for continuous improvementsDevelop thorough Indirect Sales understanding & help generate ideas that further build channel planning in line with strategic growth planWork on market study and come up with ideas which drive lucrative promos to matches the business needs & requirements
Develop plan for channel expansions e.g. Distribution officer Rationalization, Numeric distribution, enablers analysis
Gain deep understanding of the competitor’s strategy & working and proactively propose counter measures
- Within 90 days to onwards you will: Analyze post promo effects on quality of sales, revenue and survival ratesHave a complete Data analysis inferred from promo reportsManage Sales Commissions BudgetsHandle all sorts of channel communication including sales promos, pricing etc.
Design Channel Promos in order to support and engage channel on achievement of sales targets
A Bit About You
We are looking for someone who has delivered on challenging projects and has taken end to end responsibility from planning to execution within Telecom/FMCG business.Prior experience of sales planning and on ground sales will be an added advantage.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to develop business ideas and convert them into tangible results to strengthen our whole Retail and Franchise channel. The individual should have sound analytical skills,sales channel understanding, relationship management skills; these skills are key to meet the performance expectations for this role.
A Bit About Us
Channel planning team is part of the “Channel Planning and Distribution” Division within Commercial. The team is responsible to handle the sales channel and service the business streams
The Structure Of The Team You Will Join Is
- A 45 member team (including the department head) with 04 sub teams
- You will be part of a 9 member sub-team reporting to a Head of Channel Planning
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
Successfully plan channel promos and growth strategies
To transform channel mind-set according to business needs and proactively extend support to channel to achieve monthly targets
To collaborate and produce effective business results, the role requires
- The ability to build strong relationships with Regional Teams: Business Support managers, operation managers, Regional Directors, Area Managers,
The ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams :Finance, Marketing
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
- Getting high Gross Adds and market share
- Putting in place a robust channel strategy towards quality of sales and high Revenue
The three (03) must have past experiences the candidate should have.
- Data base management skill
- On ground Sales tactics and effective utilization of sales tools
- MS Power point, MS Excel
The two (02) must have technologies the candidate should have.
- The candidate must be able do data analysis via using power query and excel
- Excellent grip on power point and word
Essential Skills Must Have
- Sound understanding of Retail Channel, Analytical Skills, MS Power Query / Power pivot, MS Excel advance level, MS Power Point
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.