|Date Posted||January 21, 2021|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
About the job
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Autocad: Must be able to prepare drawings in Autocad.
- Must be able to use MS Word and Excel.
- 3 years of all-round construction experience in large and small projects.
- Experience in renovation of Banks Buildings.
- Interior fit-out experience would be a plus.
- Facility management experience would be a plus.
- Must be multi-skilled with experience in construction planning and execution at site; quantity surveying and estimation experience; billing; bid management; subcontractor appointment and management; experience in civil, MEP, Fire Fighting, AC and other areas; and fit-out and facilities management.
- Should be able to independently manage consultants, contractors, vendors and subcontractors.
Roles & responsibilities:
- EXECUTION EXPERIENCE: Must have strong experience in execution of all kinds of building works at site including:
- Strong experience in understanding and executing civil works: blockwork, masonry, floor works, painting works, kitchen, false ceiling, carpentry & joinery, aluminium, metal works, glassworks.
- Experience in understanding and executing electrical works through electrical subcontractors. Electrical works include lighting, power, load schedules, single line diagram.
- Experience in understanding and executing plumbing & drainage works
- Experience in understanding and executing Air conditioning works through AC subcontractors.
- Experience in understanding and executing Fire Fighting works through Fire Fighting subcontractors.
- READING DRAWINGS: Must be able to read engineering drawings for civil (architectural & structural drawings), electrical, plumbing, drainage, fire fighting, AC and Fire Fighting, besides other specialist works.
- QUANTITIES & BOQ: Must be able to take-off quantities and prepare BOQ from reading and studying engineering drawings.
- PLAN & EXECUTE PROJECTS: Must be able to plan, monitor and independently execute small and large projects using the resources of the company and liaising with external vendors and subcontractors.
- ORGANISE RESOURCES: Must be able to organize the resources for a project such as manpower, labour, and materials, and liaise with other departments in the company such as contracts and purchasing to execute a project independently. Must be able to plan, monitor and complete a project within the construction program and budget.
- GET MATERIAL APPROVALS: Must be able to organize material samples for the project and obtain the main consultant’s and client’s approval. Must be able to source subcontractors and vendors in the local market for the various items, materials, prime cost sums, and provisional sum works in the project.
- QCQA: Must Quality Control & Quality Assure work and subcontractors at the site.
- QUOTES: Must be able to independently float inquiries to subcontractors, obtain quotes, analyze prices, prepare comparisons statements.
- NEGOTIATE: Must be able to independently negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors to finalise subcontracts and material purchases for projects.
- COORDINATE: Must be able to coordinate all engineering, procurement and construction activities with the various company team members to for the site.
- SUBCONTRACT AGREEMENTS: Must be able to prepare and issue subcontract agreements with suppliers and subcontractors, and monitor them to ensure compliance with program and quality criteria.
- FIDIC: Must have a working knowledge of FIDIC. Must be able to independently read and enforce FIDIC and the contract or subcontract to resolve disputes with vendors and subcontractors.
- UNDERSTAND WORKSHOP DRAWINGS: Must be able to coordinate with the specialist subcontractors and consultants to prepare workshop drawings for the main consultant’s and client’s approval ensuring the drawings meet the design and specification requirements of the project, and must be able to INDPENDENTLY interface with the consultant and client to obtain approval.
- INTERFACE WITH CONSULTANT: Must be able to INDEPENDENTLY interface with the consultant to get approvals on all materials and workshop drawings for all disciplines works:* Civil (blockwork, masonry, floor works, painting works, kitchen, false ceiling, carpentry & joinery, aluminium, metal works, glassworks, etc).* Electrical, lighting, power* Plumbing & drainage* Fire fighting* Building management system* Audiovisual (CCTV, TV, public announcement, surveillance, access control)* Other speciality works Swimming pool, landscaping, etc.
- COORDINATE: Must be able to coordinate between suppliers and subcontractors to ensure all parties work smoothly at the site and that the project is completed at planned.
- METHOD STATEMENTS: Must be able to specify to labour and subcontractors at the site the method statements of work is to be executed and supervise them to ensure compliance.
- INTERIOR FIT-OUT EXPERIENCE: Interior fit-out experience would be a plus.
- BILLING: Compile and prepare interim bills for consultant’s and client’s approval and payment; check and certify vendor and subcontractor bills for payment.
- VALUE ENGINEERING: Must be able to add value to a project be looking at value engineering and innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions.