|Date Posted||January 16, 2021|
Production & Manufacturing
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
About the job
Vertex Chemicals (Pvt) ltd. is a leading construction chemicals company in Pakistan, providing a host of chemical solutions for improving, repairing, protecting, and decorating construction assets.
Supply Chain is at the heart of our business, where we work with several key international raw material partners. Therefore, not only will help us maximize our operational efficiency, you will essentially be enhancing value for our clients. The ideal candidate is responsible for developing and implementing a supply strategy that delivers the lowest total cost, reduces inventory, and maximizes customer value.
This is not a dictated role and you will be in charge of the group supply chain and will be strategically involved with the Director to create value across the company. Therefore an entrepreneurial mindset is a must for this position.
· Develop a clear understanding of the business strategies, goals, and plans and build a compatible procurement operating model.
· Source new vendors, keeping in mind the quality requirements.
· Strategically plan and clear imports in the most cost-effective manner.
· Evaluate vendor performance to maximize cost-effectiveness and timely deliveries.
· Review and establish policies, procedures, key performance metrics to ensure optimal Opex and Capex spend.
· Work closely with marketing and sales teams to forecast demand and plan accordingly.
· Administer Execution of approved purchases, ensuring that the supplies are received timely, raising purchase requisitions and issuing purchase orders.
· Liaise with the warehousing team to ensure stock is stored in an orderly manner, abiding by storage instructions, all the while increasing production efficiency.
· Min. Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or equivalent.
· At least 6 years of supply chain management experience preferably at an FMCG or chemicals company.
· Solid and demonstrable import clearance experience in Pakistan is a must.
· Strong IT and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Solid experience using an ERP/supply chain management system.
Salary: Highly Competitive
Additional benefits include a 1300cc company car, fuel allowance, mobile phone bill, participation in gratuity scheme and health insurance.
Our factory and warehouse are based in Faisalabad and the first 3 months of the role will be based there, after which the role will be moved to our new office in Lahore.