|Date Posted||November 1, 2019|
Agriculture & Fertilizer
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
Responsible for the delivery of an assigned portfolio of projects and activities within the development cell.
Responsible for ensuring the OTIF of the development activities to fulfil the required quality and consistency (in line with development requirements).
Manage a team of G35-34 development managers.
Reports to Head of DRBU Cell
Direct reports no. direct reports 4-5 FTE
No of SKUs 1000
No of PD/ Blending projects 75-100
Volume 10-25 Bn sticks
- Lead on the assigned cell development activities (innovation, continuous improvement, regulatory etc.) based on cycle plan to include consumer preferences, brand strategy portfolio/brand codes, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Promote and integrate ways of working within the development cell
- Work closely with the Head of cell and implement the Consumer Product Strategy Pathway and Brand Code deployment for the end market
- Lead the development and deployment activities for the assigned responsibilities within the cell
- Support the principal Cigarette designer and blender, where required, with co-developments with central product
- Work with the end markets to understand the consumer behaviours and insights with the assigned responsibilities within the cell to improve the accuracy and quality of the developments within their assigned portfolio
- Lead the Quality management of blend and cigarette specifications for the assigned responsibilities within the cell to meet specification targets (focus here on Blend monitoring, succession lists keep blends in tolerance etc)
- Lead the regulatory compliance for the assigned responsibilities of the Products within the cell portfolio
- Lead the accurate update of systems (TaO, Gloss) within the assigned cell responsibilities
- Responsible for providing effective leadership to the direct reports within the cell - to include coaching, performance management and Career Development.
- Ensure accurate budget management and tracking for development activities within the assigned responsibilities/projects in the cell.
Key Success Factors
- Delivery of Development priorities against the plan within assigned responsibility
- Activity/project budget accuracy within assigned responsibility
- Customer requirements are delivered on time in full for assigned responsibilities within the cell to allow commercial objectives can be met.
- Successful career and talent development for direct reports
- End Markets Head of Brands and Brand Managers
- Combustible Develop
- IBG Product Managers
- Regional and Local NPI teams
- Product Services team
Skills And Experience
- Degree or equivalent in a science or related subject or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of tobacco styles and markets, casings and flavourings, cigarette design, primary and secondary processing and their effects on smoking quality as well as a deep understanding of sensory data interpretation.
- Detailed and contemporary knowledge of global tobaccos, availability, quality vs. standards, crop specifics & variations.
- Planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of consumer-product insights and product research.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence key stakeholders up to senior level.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.