|Date Posted||February 15, 2021|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About The Role
As a Research Engineer, we are looking for someone with a strong Data Science background to work with us on solving some of the most exciting, real world challenges, using data coming in from over 200,000 trucks. We have access to a virtually unlimited amount of data coming in from connected trucks, and we want your help to understand driver performance, detect risky drivers & behavior and provide actionable insights to Fleet Managers to help them improve safety in the fleet.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
What You'll Do
- Understand the sensors data (GPS, IMU, Vehicle ECUs, Perception data from camera)
- Work with Product team to understand the characteristics of risky drivers/behaviour
- Read and understand research and apply on the product
- Model risky driving behaviour using the data
- Iterate and improve the detection by removing noise
What We're Looking For
- BS/MS in relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong maths/statistics background and understanding of data techniques
- Experience of working on real world data problems
- Proficiency with Python or C++
- Proficiency with SQL for writing efficient queries for large scale datasets
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.