|Date Posted||January 24, 2021|
Accounting & Finance
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Daraz is South Asia's leading online shopping and selling platform present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. We currently operate an ecosystem of ~50,000 sellers serving 10 million consumers with more than 20 million listed products.
In May 2018 Daraz was acquired by Alibaba Group, and we are proud to carry our part of the mission to 'make it easy to do business anywhere'. As part of the Alibaba ecosystem, we are leveraging Alibaba’s global leadership and experience in technology, online commerce, mobile payment and logistics to drive growth in our markets. Together with Alibaba, we are ready to empower entrepreneurs in the region and to fulfill our promise to offer our customers the best selection of products with a high level of convenience.
We currently have approximately 3,000 employees in across countries and business units.
Who are we looking for?We are looking for a financial planning analyst to join the Strategy & Planning team at Daraz. The right candidate will have excellent financial, data analysis, problem-solving and communication skills, and will be able to couple these with a solid understanding of business challenges and processes to find practical solutions to complex problems. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a strong process improvement aptitude, and be willing to dive into any problem to independently find a solution.
- Work with Fulfillment and Logistics business units to develop budgets and cost forecasts across all Daraz countries
- Build financial models to project costs, revenues, and profitability, and determine the impacting business factors
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget analysis reports that provide meaningful insights into business performance
- Compare forecasted budgets to financial actuals, identifying reasons behind department performance and results
- Identify areas of business underperformance, and propose initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs
- Prepare business cases to support new business drivers and opportunities, and support business units on specific financial projects
- Provide analysis and deliver insights that links financial reports to business and operational strategies
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and their teams
- Report to the Regional Planning Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or STEM; CPA or CFA certification highly preferred
- 2-3 years in Financial Planning and Analysis , with at least 1 year of data analytics experience
- Solid knowledge of financial reporting systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and SQL skills
- Prior experience in e-commerce, logistics or supply-chain is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong organizational skills to manage priorities with tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Experience building data-driven business cases that highlight strong analytical and financial skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with others across various business environments, cultures, and teams
What we offer
- International working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce (Alibaba Group) and business growth
- A platform to learn from Alibaba’s world-leading ecosystem with regular visits to China and South East Asia
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, business analytics, and operations
- An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in the ‘tech’ industry
- Competitive salary and incentive package
- Health & life insurance
- Relocation support (if applicable)