|Date Posted||December 16, 2020|
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Who wants to make the world a better place?
Ricult is looking for a Python Backend Engineer
Ricult is a US based award winning social enterprise founded by MIT alums that develops ML/Data/Financial-based digital solutions for the agricultural ecosystem, focusing on smallholder farmers in developing countries (currently operating in Pakistan and Thailand).
Ricult is building world-class digital products for its users based on their needs and pain points. The current portfolio of products is already deployed among farmers and other leading stakeholders in the agriculture value chain.
As Ricult grows, we need a software engineer who is an expert in Python, who will work with the R&D team to help build the next generation of products. The work will focus on preprocessing and preparing satellite, weather and tabular data for the use of Deep / Machine Learning algorithms, as well as maintaining and building relevant infrastructure.
- Minimum 3 years of experience programming in Python. Proficiency in NumPy, pandas, matplotlib libraries.
- Familiarity with AWS - a significant advantage.
- Server / Database / Systems engineering experience - a significant advantage.
- Experience with Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Data Science - an advantage.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills: startup mentality (lean, flexible, fast).
- Ability to work flexible hours (with a global team, meetings can be during non-traditional work hours).
- Fluent, professional written and verbal English (work will be in English).