|Date Posted||December 29, 2020|
Accounting & Finance
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
Launched in 2012, Daraz is South Asia's online shopping and selling destination of choice – present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. Supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions, the pioneering E-commerce ecosystem in South Asia has 30,000 sellers and 500 brands, serving 5 million consumers. With 2 million products available, Daraz offers a diverse assortment of products in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, beauty, fashion, sports equipment, and groceries. Focused on providing an excellent customer experience, it offers multiple payment methods including cash-on-delivery, comprehensive customer care and hassle-free returns. Daraz is owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
Who are we looking for?Our organization is characterized by young and smart talent with lots of energy and initiative. We are extremely performance oriented and believe in letting the best people and ideas grow - regardless of seniority. In our top management, we look for mature managers who understand how to channel this energy and who has experience in structuring work streams, processes and ideas. As part of the team, we expect you to adopt our philosophy of an equal balance of ‘managing’ and ‘empowering’.
Importantly, we look for someone who will live by our values that define everything we do:
- Customer commitment
- Embrace change
The ecommerce market in our countries is still ‘growing up’ and managing ongoing change will be critical to your success at Daraz. We operate a matrix organization where cross-regional specialist teams support the country management. It is therefore critical that you are agile and work well with other managers
- Leading project planning
- Coordinating with internal/regional teams
- Managing project progress
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports
- Optimizing and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects
- Bug reporting
- Create & maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track/manage project performance & progress using appropriate tools & techniques
- SQL knowledge
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Delegate project tasks based on team’s strengths, skill sets & experience
- Co-ordinate with data specialist to help explore business issues/opportunities, uncover insights &/or identify targeted areas for business growth
- Be the expert in using data to measure & analyze business performance
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proven 3-4years working experience
- Team management & planning
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent verbal & communication skills
- SQL Knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Advanced knowledge in excel)
- Ability to work well with data analysis, projects
- Result oriented & analytical skills
- Able to meet deadlines
What we offero International working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce (Alibaba Group) and business growth.
- A platform to learn from Alibaba’s world-leading ecosystem with regular visits to China and South East Asia.
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, business analytics, and operations.
- An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in the ‘tech’ industry.
- Competitive salary and incentive package
- Health & life insurance
- Relocation support (if applicable)