|Date Posted||January 21, 2021|
Procurement & Supply Chain
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
In 2014, UNOPS was engaged in the construction of eight pedestrian bridges in Shahgram, Bonyo, Phunkia, Budia Kamer, Oach, Muttly, and Gabral sites. In June 2015, an international design firm was commissioned to provide an initial review of the design documentation for the eight pedestrian bridges, including assembling a gap analysis of documents, initial review and report.
Due to changes in the adopted Design Standards additional works are now required to retrofit the bridges up to the standard required by UNOPS. These works along with the replacement of two of the original suspension bridges with higher capacity modular bridges will be carried out during 2020-2022
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The role of the Senior Procurement Assistant is to assist the Procurement Specialist and Project Manager in managing the day-to-day procurement needs. This position will be based in Islamabad but require close coordination with Project Manager and other staff at site
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist and under the guidance from the Head of Support Services, the Procurement Senior Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in the management of a variety of procurement and contracting processes and /transactions for goods, services and works for the Business Unit.
Functions/Key Results Expected Administrative Procurement Support Services...
Functions/Key Results Expected
- Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Client Relationships / Stakeholder Management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Administrative Procurement Support Services
Provides a Variety Of Specialized And Non-specialized Transactional Support Services, Ensuring Consistency And Quality Of Work Steps Completed, As Well As Optimal Information Flow
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS;
- Assist in execution of procurement processes throughout the procurement cycle.
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
- Monitor expenditures against allocations.
- Receive, review, log and route incoming communication and procurement requests/invoices.
- Prepare reports, tables, charts etc. applying technical skills and knowledge in formatting and presentations.
- Prepare Statistics and reports, including on Procurement volume.
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor;
- Publish procurement advertisements and awards.
- Maintain status reports on procurement activities and work in progress.
- Any other tasks allocated by line manager
Client Services Client Relationships / Stakeholder Management
- Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement QA or Knowledge Management issues on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
- Administratively supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
Impact of results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Procurement Senior Assistant affect the work completion of the relevant business unit/s, project activities, procurement and contract management support services, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and Business Unit as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and enc...
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Education Completion of secondary school is required. First U...
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Procurement or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in procurement support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and G-suite applications and experience is highly desirable
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
- Full working knowledge of English and one or more of the local languages is required.
Contract type: ICA Contract level: Local ICA Support Contract duration: Open-end...
Contract type: ICA
Contract level: Local ICA Support
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time Applications ...
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- This is a local post and open to Pakistan nationals only.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful imp...
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
UNOPS commenced operations in Pakistan in 1999 and significantly up-scaled activ...
UNOPS commenced operations in Pakistan in 1999 and significantly up-scaled activities from 2005 onwards to support populations affected by and vulnerable to earthquakes. In 2010, UNOPS opened a permanent office in Islamabad to support the Government of Pakistan and other partners to undertake humanitarian and reconstruction services, following the most devastating flood in the nation’s history.
UNOPS Pakistan has been implementing projects in the areas of early recovery and reconstruction of community infrastructure, project management and related monitoring and verification, community development, fund management, and procurement. Supported strategically by a regional operational hub and UNOPS headquarters in Copenhagen and within the overarching framework of the ONE UN Programme, UNOPS Pakistan continues to deliver projects across the country under its core delivery practices of sustainable infrastructure, sustainable procurement, and sustainable project management. UNOPS is based in Islamabad and has a provincial office in Peshawar.