|Date Posted||January 24, 2021|
Procurement & Supply Chain
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
About The Role
Join us in building a world-class institution and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
About The Role
- Strategy, analysis and reporting: Support in executing the procurement strategy including spend analysis, industry benchmarks, and transformation objectives to deliver optimized purchasing and hard cost savings across functions and locations.
- Create clear, detailed reports against benchmark KPIs to articulate spend at granular levels.
- Sourcing and vendor management: Vendor sourcing, evaluation, competitive bidding and negotiation. Experience in vendor management system to drive continuous improvements.
- Extensive procurement experience in office supplies, Marketing Campaigns and other general working alongside outsourced people provider
- Cost saving and controls: Support and Drive adoption of tools and processes to increase turnaround times, eliminate non-compliant purchasing and reduce costs significantly while managing rapid growth
- Demonstrated experience in building multi-functional procurement team in technology environment, driving clear savings with emphasis on analytics and reporting
- 1 to 2 years of experience in procurement from telco, retail, FMCG, tech industry or any relevant field.
- Very good Communication and negotiations skills
- Excellent knowledge in using Microsoft office i.e excel.