|Date Posted||February 6, 2021|
N.G.O./Social Services Jobs
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
The Office Secretary is mainly responsible for supporting the Country Director (CD) department/team for the completion of daily routine tasks and assignments . Office Secretary maintains the smooth running of CD department/office through a variety of administrative and clerical duties - handle office schedules, coordinate meetings and visits, organize files, answer phones and perform several other essential tasks.
Organize and support the conduction and coordination of internal and external meetings and write minutes, and conferences/workshops. Additionally, office secretary maintains and organizes physical and electronic documents, supports in processing of invoices, and performs other basic office duties as and when assigned.
- Keeps schedule and log and Responsible for organizing and conducting/anchoring the monthly team meeting, f/up with respective unit leads on action items, recording and dissemination of team meeting minutes and updating the soft and hard folders for team meetings.
- Tracking compliance with Minimum standards and update the CD and senior management team (SMT) on regular base
- Reviews outgoing letters of all units before signing off by the CD
- With guidance from the supervisor and other team members, develops correspondence (reports, letters, and other documents) intended for both external and internal audiences and photocopies documentation as needed
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
- Provides support to Country Director for the accomplishment of daily routines tasks/assignments
- Provide administrative assistance to technical leads within their area of responsibility- finance, health system, R&E and/or policy
- Provides secretarial support to Senior Management Team meetings and notes taking
- Develop/update meeting calendars of country director and teams to make arrangements for inter-departmental meetings or meeting with partners
- Assist and coordinate with the teams/departments for the development of work plans/budgets to carry out project-related tasks
- Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc)
- Makes travel arrangements and Visas processing and also submits documentation for review in coordination with admin team
- Ensure statutory payment/checks are delivered to the respective Government agencies
- Facilitates conferences by booking travel arrangements and hotel accommodations, prepares materials as necessary
- Assists in the packaging and disbursement of project related materials to the divisional & field office/s.
- Monitors kitchen stock level and ensure timely replenishment
- Support the designated program/admin associate/s on the office supplies inventory and liaise with the relevant persons where replenishment is needed
- Works with the designated program/admin associate to oversee the work of the contracted office support staff to ensure general office cleanliness
- Travel as and when required with supervisor/CD’s approval
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/CD.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven 2-3 professional experience as executive/office secretary or similar administrative role
- Excellent Computer skills – Proficient in MS Office and “back-office” software (e.g. ERP/workday), multimedia, outlook and use of databases
- In depth knowledge of office management and basic accounting procedures as well as technical vocabulary of social sciences
- Document review and editing skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiation, coordination, and time-management skills
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and deadlines and multitasking
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy