|Date Posted||November 16, 2019|
N.G.O./Social Services Jobs
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
IWMI has been awarded the opportunity to implement a 5-year, USAID-funded project titled Water Management for Enhanced Productivity (WMfEP), which supports socio-economic development and political stability in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). The project aims to reduce constraints to productive and sustainable use of water for agricultural production at the Gomal Zam irrigation scheme. The improved water governance and management in KP and the FATA will enable increased farm household income and improved livelihoods to contribute to socio-economic development and political stability in the project areas.
THE PERSON AND THE JOB
The Office Assistant / Driver will work with a team of staff to support the delivery on the activity Water Management for Enhanced Productivity (WMfEP) and contribute to the success of IWMI and the WMfEP project by providing logistical and administrative support to staff and partners in the Dera Ismail Khan Field Office. The person will be responsible for the delivery of effective and efficient services by providing general office support with a variety of administrative and clerical duties and provide transportation services for IWMI staff and visitors, documents, mail and packages in IWMI-owned vehicles to field sites and other destinations as required. The Office Assistant/Driver will step into the role of the Office Administrator as and when necessary.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Arrange and coordinate times for project meetings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide logistic support for arranging the meetings within DIK and other cities.
- Provide support in the management and maintenance of office scientific equipment and make sure the equipment is in proper order when required by researchers to take it to the field.
- Provide support to the office administrator for the procurement of project related supplies. Visit the market to arrange samples and quotations to make the procurement cost effective and efficient.
- Drive staff within the city and to field and other city locations for official purposes.
- Driving IWMI visitors as per instructions.
- Remain updated on Pakistan driving regulations, ensure the vehicles are roadworthy, insured and meets the official requirements and documentation of the Pakistan transport authorities.
- Monitor daily/weekly vehicle condition/repair needs, maintain travel log books, and perform vehicle checks and notify the Supervisor on any technical problem.
- Additional related tasks as required to ensure efficient running of the office.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- FA/FSc, Advanced Level, International Baccalaureate or equivalent, minimum of 2nd division.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant office administration experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of driving experience.
- Familiar with Windows Operating System Environment
- Good skills in Outlook, Word, Excel
- Excellent service delivery approach
- Strong personal organization skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of English.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of Urdu
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of Pashto (Desirable)
- Presentable, courteous and professional
- Excellent driving skills with a variety of vehicles including motorbikes, passenger cars, pickup trucks and SUVs, good understanding of modern vehicle technology e.g. satellite navigation, CVT, ABS/BA/EBD, auto-lock wheel hubs.
- Thorough knowledge of the Pakistan Highway Code.
- Valid driving license in at least one of the four provinces of Pakistan or Federal Capital Territory for motorcycle, car, jeep/SUV, pick-up truck.
- Basic mechanical/handyman skills.
This is a nationally recruited position and all applicants must be eligible to work in Pakistan. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a transport allowance, medical insurance for self and eligible dependents, as well as life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance.
The duration of the initial contract will be for 2 years with the potential for annual extensions for an additional 3 years, dependent upon on continued funding and institute requirements.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, cover letter which addresses IWMI's requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees, who will be contacted if you are short-listed for the position, and must be uploaded as one document.
IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and emphasizes the importance of diversity and inclusiveness in identifying candidates for this position and its staff. Women are encouraged to apply.