|Date Posted||December 1, 2020|
N.G.O./Social Services Jobs
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The goal of WHO's presence in countries, territories and areas is to develop a two-way collaboration between the Secretariat and countries, territories and areas, by supporting them to reach national health goals and contribute to global and regional public health action.
WHO utilizes the Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), a key element of the Country Focus strategy, as a strategic management tool to create synergy and alignment between WHO leadership priorities and national health policies, strategies and plans as well as United NationsDevelopment Assistance Framework (UNDAF). Creating this synergy and alignment will be essential to advance WHO's organizational effectiveness and ensure WHO's relevance at country level.
Description Of Duties
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the Expanded Programme on Immunization in the assigned province and strengthening of the evaluation and monitoring of immunization activities. Provide advice and communicate national and regional guidance to colleagues and counterparts in the the province.
- Coordinate with the Department of Health, planning and organizing vaccination campaigns.Communicate technical advice on campaigns' organization to counterparts in the Department.
- Follow up on the implementation of planned activities and ensure the availability of potent vaccines as well as the required equipment and injection materials.
- Analyze data and information on Expanded Programme on Immunization and provide feedback to the supervisor on the impact of newly introduced vaccines in the national immunization schedule of the country by compiling all available information.
- Draft project proposals for the extension of existing health-care networks and the strengthening the existing systems.
- Participate in programmes for capacity building in the area of Immunization and Vaccine Development and management and implementation of the related activities. Deliver training/orientation programmes in the related areas for capacity building.
- Serveas a technical resource to the public concerning sustainable immunization and vaccines, respond to inquiries and provide technical information concerning related principles, practices, issues, measures, techniques and procedures.
- Disseminate guidelines for evaluation of the impact of newly introduced vaccines in the national immunization schedule.
- Collaboratewith the Provincial Department of Health to transition WHO-supported vaccine preventable disease surveillance sites/systems to government-supported institutions.
- Liaise with national counterparts, technical departments at EMRO and with donor and development partners (UN and bilateral) to harmonize implementation activities related to vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential: University degree in Medicine, Epidemiology or Public Health.
Desirable: Post graduate degree in epidemiology/public health. Training in EPI.
Essential: At least 5 years of experience in delivery of immunization programmes including experience inconducting training programes.
Desirable: Experience working in an international organization or NGO.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques of immunization programmes.
- Capacity to conduct training.
- Excellent knowledge in analysing vaccine preventable diseases and EPI-related data, synthesizing information and presenting clear and conciseconclusions and recommendations for decision making
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English and Local language.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at PKR 5,869,573 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
1 year (subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Dec 1, 2020, 9:12:29 AM
Dec 15, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
EM_PAK WHO Representative's Office, Pakistan
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.