|Date Posted||December 1, 2020|
N.G.O./Social Services Jobs
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The goal of WHO's presence in countries, territories and areas is to develop a two-way collaboration between the Secretariat and countries, territories and areas, by supporting them to reach national health goals and contribute to global and regional public health action.
WHO utilizes the Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), a key element of the Country Focus strategy, as a strategic management tool to create synergy and alignment between WHO leadership priorities and national health policies, strategies and plans as well as United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF). Creating this synergy and alignment will be essential to advance WHO's organizational effectiveness and ensure WHO's relevance at country level.
Description Of Duties
- Represent WHO CO at all important events and uphold the image of WHO in the Province.
- Guide and supervise the Sub-office in implementation of all programmatic activities at Provincial level, ensuring its efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure submission of monthly Statements of Expenditures (SOEs) to the WHO Country Office for settlement.
- Oversee and coordinate work plans and budgets for Sub-Office activities including for the work programme, and monitor the implementation of planned activities.
- Ensure effective management of the Sub-Office in line with WHO rules and procedures, proper management of WHO assets and resources at provincial/district level. Supervise Sub-Office staff, motivate and manage performance.
- Coordinate all programmatic activities with provincial counterparts, Federal WHO Office, and development partners (UN and bilateral).
- Establish and maintain a network of media contacts in the Province to disseminate relevant media products developed by EMRO and Federal Office. Collects and supplies to the Federal Office news, coverage and updates of the Provincial media in the fields related to the health and WHO work, reports to Federal Office on all important events occurring in relation to the health sector in the province.Health Systems Strengthening.
- Provide technical advice to Provincial Government in implementation of the national health systems policies, including health financing and minimal access/coverage, service delivery, human resources for health and Health Information Systems.
- Recommend health development initiatives in the areas of health systems strengthening, partnership building and improvements in the planning and management of existing Provincial Public health systems.
- Disseminate information on implementation of sustainable Public health systems, coordinate and implement programs for capacity building in the area of Public health systems and the management and financing of the systems.
- Act as a technical adviser to the public concerning sustainable health systems that contribute to health equity, social justice and elimination of exclusion and respond to inquiries and provide detailed and technical information concerning related principles, practices, issues, measures, techniques and procedures.
- Promote and establish new community outreach activities to facilitate the expansion of health-care networks.
Essential: University degree in Medicine or any health related field and Master's Degree in Public Health.
Desirable: Degree in health system management.
Essential: At least 7 years of experience in the organization and management of health services at the operational level. Demonstrated managerial experience.
Desirable: Experience working in an international organization.
- Knowledge of health system management;
- Sound program planning, monitoring and supervision skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to engage effectively and establish harmonious working relationships with provincial counterparts and colleagues.
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at PKR 7,689,140 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
1 year (subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Dec 1, 2020, 8:38:39 AM
Dec 15, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
EM_PAK WHO Representative's Office, Pakistan
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.