|Date Posted||January 1, 2021|
Accounting & Finance
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Mindshare is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for an Assistant Media Planner to join us. In this role, you will be responsible to entail devising media strategies for a portfolio of brands, working with globally renowned publishers, and continuously innovate in the growing media Industry.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Associate Business Director
3 Best Things About The Job
- A competitive yet fun environment that combines the best of being excellent media planners of creative media thinking and at the same time being part of the largest media company in the world
- Opportunity to learn and create leading work, working alongside specialist departments, who are evolving experts in the field
- Be an expert hybrid planner in both traditional and digital mediums
In Three Months
In this role, your goals will be:
- Been up to speed with cutting edge proprietary planning tools as well as able to extract and analyze important data; validating our recommendations
- You would have a pulse of the business category & knowledge of competitive frame
- Worked on moderate scaled live campaigns
- Have initiated contact with key media partners and understood the baseline of their offerings particularly digital and traditional
- Connected with internal specialist & external stakeholders units to integrate solutions
In Six Months
- Been able to comprehend and apply our proprietary planning framework model in key campaigns
- You would have landed live; larger scaled campaigns
- You will have started to build relationships with the key decision makers within the current client portfolio
- Master a flawless media execution process, working alongside various stakeholders
In 12 Months
- Develop a strong category acumen - from a media and business point of view
- Identify a pipeline of commercially viable solutions to support our client’s goals
- Create and execute a pipeline of exciting business building ideas which could potentially be industry award winning
What Your Day Job Looks Like At Mindshare
- Work closely with Media Planner to develop and maintain media plans
- Prepare and update purchase orders within the execution framework
- Manage Tracking of Client and Competition.
- Facilitate timely and accurate campaign launches including troubleshooting and resolving any issues with media/account teams and media vendors
- Analyze data to provide client with recommendations for optimizations.
- Maintain relationships with media suppliers and internal teams
- Prepare and update media flowcharts for Media Planner’s assistance.
- Take ownership over client reporting responsibilities, incorporating a variety of resources, from media companies and third party resources
- Monitor client billing; resolve any related issues
- Ensure all media projects proceed according to plan and on deadline
- Participate in media-planning strategy meetings with team members, and help develop new ideas for client media plans.
- Maintain a record of basic deliverables i.e. Droppages, premium positions etc
- To acquire knowledge on the demographic profiles and analyze the changing habits of the likes and dislikes of the targeted customers.
- Steward’s media buys in market to assure continuity and campaign delivery.
- Create and maintain detailed/accurate files for each client for whom you are responsible.
- Demonstrates highly organized campaign/timeline management, with strong attention to detail.
What You’ll Bring
- Curious and willing to learn with passion in order to leverage opportunities from challenger to leading brands
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent personal/organizational management
- Good interpersonal & social relations
- Experience in handling marketing campaigns on mainstream media
- Strong understanding of the cultural and consumer trends that are changing the media landscape
- Minimum 1 year in media/digital/marketing experience
- Fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply
- BBA/MBA in Marketing or Media Sciences from a reputable university.
- Digital media experience is an added advantage
More About Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997 and for more than 20 years our values of Speed, Teamwork and Provocation have guided us in a world where everything is media. We are the Cannes Lions Media Network of the Year 2019 and WARC Media 100 #1 Media Network 2020, with the top 3 most creative campaigns in the world for the past year. In Asia Pacific we have been Campaign Asia’s Media Agency Network of the Year every year since 2015 and we are also Performance Agency of the Year.
Our 10,000 people work with some of the world’s best brands and companies to accelerate their growth. In 116 offices across 86 countries we integrate brand and demand, ruthlessly focus on outcomes and create the unexpected. We manage $24bn in billings and are the largest media agency in GroupM, WPP’s Media Investment Management arm, which is the #1 media holding group globally with billings of $63bn (Source: COMvergence 2019).
Hear our stories (and join us) at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us at: WeChat ID: Mindshare China; Instagram and Twitter: @mindshare; Facebook: facebook.com/mindshare and Linkedin: LinkedIn.com/company/mindshare.
GroupM Pakistan is the leading global media investment management operation in Pakistan. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies i.e m/SIX, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Xaxis and Mindshare. We see major growth coming on Digital Platforms where we have seen Internet Penetration growing to 87 million Broad Band users + 85 million 3G/4G subscribers.
Social media platforms have also grown substantially in Pakistan where FB stands at 34 million subscribers & Tik Tok has replaced Instagram to become 2nd most penetrated social platform with 22 million subscribers in Pakistan. While the digitization of the market is happening at a faster pace it has also given a lot of new opportunities in various areas & specializations like Ecommerce, Digital Content, Video Planning solutions, Technology and Data & Analytics in Pakistan. As such, GroupM Pakistan is in a very strategic position to develop and grow our talents.