|Date Posted||January 1, 2021|
Telecommunication & ISP
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
The role, VAS Planning being at the forefront of the technical delivery team for meeting the commercial requirements is always involved with strategic and important projects. Major responsibilities of VAS Planning involve network-wide VAS Planning, Life-Cycle Management of VAS NEs, Annual Budgeting, RFP/RFQ/RFI preparations/evaluation, BOQ finalization, VAS Nodes Optimization, Special Events Management, Launch of Aggressive Marketing Campaigns, Deployment support of all VAS NEs, USSD Developments for new commercial promotions. The incumbent is responsible for Capacity & Lifecycle Management of VAS NEs, RFP preparation/evaluation & Commercial Product Development.
- Capacity Management of VAS NEs: Capacity management of the different VAS NEs like Messaging Nodes, ADM Platform, ITS/RS Platform, USSD GW, etc needs to be done by analyzing the daily trends of traffic and taking steps to ensure efficient and effective use of available capacities.
- RFP preparation and Bid evaluation: For all the new Commercial Requirements and life cycle management, Manager VAS planning is responsible for managing the existing/new platform. Incase of altogether new requirements/features/new nodes, RFP needs to be floated to different vendors. Evaluation of different bids needs to be carried out for final selection.
- Preparation of Budget for VAS NEs: Budgeting CAPEX requirements according to forecasted traffic by all business driving stake holders. Budgeting is an important KPI for this role.
- Product Development as per stakeholder requirements: All the product development requirements for VAS products need to be designed, planned, and launched by Manager VAS Planning. Hands-on experience on Open code USSD GW is a compulsory requirement.
- Preparations for Special Festivals: Capacity management of VAS platforms like SMSCs, PSA, Antispam, USSD GW, etc during the high traffic events like Eid, New Year is the responsibility of Manager VAS Planning.
Bachelor’s in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication
Knowledge & Skills:
- USSD Development
- Hands-on experience on VAS nodes with detailed messaging/VAS nodes flow
- GSM/UMTS/LTE Concept
- Strong understanding of Sigtran, SS7, PS Core, and IP
- Analytical skills
- Planning & organizing
Note: The shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 8 working days of closure of position.