|Date Posted||January 1, 2021|
Accounting & Finance
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
The incumbent shall be responsible to manage and supervise the activities related to monitoring of sanctions compliance of customer accounts and transactions under Bank’s AFC Compliance Program through a mechanism comprising of automated Sanctions Screening System and a team of AFC Monitoring Analysts. The role is a critical element of the Bank’s Compliance Program to deter, detect and report the risks of ML/TF/PF.
1. Manage, supervise and maintain the mechanism of customer name screening to ensure sanctions compliance through meaningful alerts generation and their effective resolution to identify, review, investigate the red flag transactions and initiate blocking and reporting of suspicious transactions to concerned authorities.
2. Monitoring and supervising the timely and effective resolution of sanctions screening alerts for new client onboarding, customer portfolio delta screening and transaction execution through branch banking channel.
3. Alert management /handling including review, analysis, investigation/inquiry and closure of alerts generated in Name Screening application in order to mitigate AML/CFT risks.
4. Use independent and professional judgment when reviewing sanctions alerts and performing investigations while keeping in view relevant policies, procedures, AML laws & regulations.
5. Supervise team of Sanctions Compliance analysts, guide them in alerts handling and timely/effective closure of alerts.
6. Investigate high risk sanctions alerts in line with SBP regulations and Bank’s own Policy/Procedures.
7. Ensure periodic reviews of system parameters to fine tune the system functionally to detect red flag transactions/ accounts activity.
8. Working in collaboration with other stakeholders to develop new and enhance the system functionality and workflows and address IT issues and inefficiencies.
9. Promoting communication within the team to ensure learning and experiences are shared high risk elements are more quickly identified and communicated.
10. Actively participate in bank-wide awareness trainings for Sanctions Compliance, AML/CFT to strengthen the Compliance culture within the Bank.
11.Prepare and file Suspicious Activity Reports and apply appropriate risk mitigation measures, while ensuring appropriate documentation of all research and analysis is conducted in accordance with applicable recordkeeping guidelines.
12. Assist with the preparation of departmental Management information reports.
13. Any other associated duties required from time to time to meet the departmental responsibilities and goals.
14. Incumbent shall be responsible to adhere by Telenor Microfinance Bank Behaviors (in all aspects of his/her work conduct.
- MBA, M.Com, ACCA along with CAMS Certification.
- 3-5 years,
- Strong knowledge of AML laws & regulations
- AML Investigation skills
- Analytical Skills