|Date Posted||November 26, 2020|
Accounting & Finance
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Manager Corporate Taxation
Last date to apply: 2nd December, 2020
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 63 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
- Within 30 days you will:
- Familiarizing yourself with Jazz group structure and business understanding of all the group entities.
- Develop a solid understanding of the digital transformation we are undertaking, the changes and impact it is having on the way we do our business, and be realizing the opportunities as well as challenges this poses for us.
- Establish relationships with your colleagues and sharing information with each other.
- Within 60 days, you will:
- As a member of the tax planning, display your strategic thinking in providing input and support to all tax saving initiatives.
- Sharing your knowledge and the experience you have in tax matters in the Telecommunication and Digital industry.
- Have a thorough understanding of ongoing M&A projects and currently propose transaction structures.
- Leading Merger and Acquisition projects and provide tax efficient structures, analysis and advisory.
- Within 90 days to onwards you will:
- Manage all of direct tax planning initiatives, and handle tax forecasting and cashflows.
- Drive change and tax awareness across organization.
- Perform analysis of taxation on major projects undertaken by Company and provide in depth and business-oriented tax advice to internal stakeholders on new business initiatives.
- Manage tax accounting (current & deferred tax) and group tax reporting’s and handle all audit matters related to taxation.
- Devise strategy for central and provincial tax audits & litigation as well as maintaining relationship with authorities.
- Drive decisions across industry and take leadership position in alignment.
A Bit About You
We are looking for someone with a positive mindset who believes in collaboration with excellent communication skills with:
- A member of any professional accounting body, with 5+ years in corporate taxation, tax planning, transaction advisory and team handling experience.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate taxation, tax planning and leading the tax point of view in all M&A projects.
- Strong business acumen.
- Clear understanding of customer centric approach.
- In-depth knowledge of stakeholder management.
A Bit About Us
- The Manager Corporate Taxation acts as a representative of the Tax team on all tax planning and advisory areas.
- He/she covers all tax related matters in relation to corporate income tax, sales tax and transaction advisory in M&A projects.
- The Manager Corporate Taxation advises the stakeholders on tax related matters with a balanced approach on tax planning and complying with tax laws and regulations.
- He or she will also be responsible for developing tax strategy and safeguarding the tax position of the Jazz Group.
The Structure Of The Team You Will Join Is
Four (04) members team reporting to the Head of Tax.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
- Be innovative and support all the stakeholders to achieve efficiency.
- Be truthful and comply with all the laws and regulations.
To collaborate and produce effective business results, the role requires
You will work with internal and external stakeholders including divisional/departmental heads and all functions of the company for effective planning and advisory.
Coming up with innovative thinking and bring efficiency in taxation.
The Must Have Past Experiences The Candidate Should Have.
- Analytical and spreadsheet skills.
- Income tax return preparation, reporting, litigation and audit experience.
The must have technologies the candidate should have.
- Windows OS, MS Office.
Essential Skills Must Have
- Master/ CA /ACCA with 10 years of experience inclusive of 5 years of experience in telecom industry.
- Data analysis in order to review and analyze data and be able to extract meaningful insights.
- Data presentation skills for being able to present data in order to make quick decisions.
- Advance communication skills for managing cross functional projects.
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.