|Date Posted||January 26, 2021|
Production & Manufacturing
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Manager Buying & Contracts – Job Description (Job Code and Level: SCM I Buying & Contracts & Manager)
· Help contribute, alongwith Director SCM, to the creation and implementation of best practice contracts & buying vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational & financial performance
· Complies with company policies and objectives, contracts and buying work processes, manage team of category buyers and contract administrators.
· Checking and evaluation EPC Contract Changes; Project Variance Notices, Requests for Change, Change Orders, Amendments, etc.
· Ensuring the EPC Contract is properly managed and administered.
· Administering the EPC Contract so as to ensure the terms and conditions stated therein are fulfilled.
· Managing Change by controlling the EPC Contract: scope, cost, schedule and quality of the Project through scope changes and Contract change documents e.g. Change Orders, Variations, Amendments, etc.
· Managing Project risks minimizing HMC’s exposure (as an EPC Contractor) to financial and legal liabilities (including potential delays and claims).
· Prepare and issue, on a monthly basis, the Subcontract Administration Monthly Report for each Subcontract (SAMR).
· Reviewing and checking the adequacy of the Project records management system and ensuring the Owner’s and PMC team, together with the EPC Contractor use it to furnish a written record of the chronology of the Project execution.
· Manages change management; prepares; site instructions, change notices, change orders, processes quotations and proposals
· Manages correspondence to/from EPC Contractor and to/from Owner
· Identifying, evaluating, and resolving contracting issues during the EPC phase of the contract after review of EPC contract baseline, requirements, procedures and documents.
· Ensure compliance with insurance requirements set out in the EPC Contract and solicit legal advice when required
· Processes monthly Payment Certificates and Invoices
· Maintains registers for; correspondence, management of change, completion process and close-out(including final account and close out procedures)
· Ensure EPC Contractor provides and maintains the correct Performance/Bank Guarantees.
· Managing and mentor purchasing teams
· Track and report to Director SCM the key functional metrics in order to reduce expenses and improve efficiencies
· Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
· Partner & communicate with key stakeholders/departments of HMC to ensure clear requirement documentation
· Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
· Assess, manage and mitigate risks
· Determine buy quantities and timing of deliveries
· Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
· Must have strong knowledge and background with Aluminum, Steel, Stainless and Copper products
· Frequent Local travelling/visits of markets>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>