|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
Procurement & Supply Chain
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Role Summary:The role is the single interface of the Project Manager coordinating all Sourcing, Procurement and Logistics activities on a portfolio of project.
He/she will be fully responsible for the overall fulfillment of the procurement activities and commitments in the project, including on time delivery, quality and cost as
per the negotiated by Sourcing team.
Essential Responsibilities:-Owning quality, costs (as negotiated by sourcing) and on time delivery of the material and services for the Project.
- Co-owning the Engineering Procurement Plan for the scope, where applicable.
- Work with cross functional teams like Engineering, Sourcing to ensure the on-time delivery of documents (drawings, quotations, etc.) required to be obtained from suppliers.
- Ensure timely issuance of the purchase orders.
- Owning the budget related to material, maintain and monitor the budget.
- Periodic progress monitoring and reporting to his management.
- Support the bundling activities in the project which includes convening periodic meetings of stakeholders.
- Establish procurement schedule.
- Coordinates offsite and on-site procurement activities for the project. Interface as required in coordination with project director, commodity leaders and supplier quality responsible.
- Coordinate to ensure the on-time issuance of purchase requisitions in the respective system to ensure timely placement of POs
- Follows up timely closure of NCRs (site and Shop) related to suppliers
- Supports Commodity Leaders and Buyers in obtaining technical specifications from engineering on-time.
- Participates in and/ or initiates periodic (preferably weekly) project meetings with the participation of quality, lead engineering, planning, logistics, project engineering manager etc. as applicable, who interface with sourcing at various stages and generates record notes/action list from these meetings and follows up on the actions.
- Regularly reviews the fulfilment by suppliers of all contractual requirements in regards to customs and duties with the support of the concerned function (taxation, expediting, Logistics etc.)
- Oversees claim management with the suppliers in coordination with Commodity leader/Buyer and the project.
- Effectively distributes and communicates relevant project information within the Procurement team.
- Establishes the monthly progress report, cost summary sheet and claim summary sheet.
- Responsible for reporting monthly progress, supplier claims and project cost summary to procurement management and into the project. Regularly updates suppliers cash out & project milestone recognition related to procurement.
- Represents procurement in Project meetings internally and externally, if so required by Project Director.
- Ensures invoices are released in accordance with the process in place.
- Supports compliance with the Quality and EHS rules as applicable to the sourcing function.
- Consolidates experience feedback to the Commodity Leaders.
- Supports the PPL in fulfilling the overall project targets and works in alignment.
Qualifications/Requirements:Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
Minimum Of 5-7 Years Of Experience In Buying/Procurement.
Vast experience in Sourcing and in a leadership role related to project procurement
Desired Characteristics:Experience as Project Manager / Tender Project Manager / Senior Purchasing Manager or Sales Project Manager.
Good understanding of legal/contractual aspects of an EPC contract.
Risk management knowledge. Ability to work efficiently in cross-functional teams.
Good communicator and team work capability.
Negotiation skills either with supplier base or with customers.
General knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures, and Sourcing management philosophy.
Ability to coach & develop team members. Accountability, resilience, autonomy, and leadership.
Decision making, problem solving, ability to independently resolve issues with difficult suppliers.
Basics in scheduling/planning of large and complex projects.
Technical knowledge of products purchased and power plant familiarity.
Ensure compliance to GE Integrity & Compliance policy.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.