|Date Posted||January 20, 2021|
Information Technology Jobs in Pakistan
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-
hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and
mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting
institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 16
countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a JIRA Engineer who will develop and provide technical solutions for Atlassian
products and support our colleagues in different countries. You will be responsible for user access
management, developing workflows and new processes, troubleshoot incidents and implementing
Change Requests following our IT guidelines / processes.
This position will be part of a team responsible for owning, managing, defining and optimizing standard
Atlassian tools and processes to drive Atlassian best practices and increase collaboration across various
● Providing Administration and Level 1 & 2 Support of Atlassian applications (JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk).
● Manage system access and permission configurations to ensure compliance and enforce best
● Develop new workflows, create custom fields / screens and scripts to automate tasks.
● Create Jira based reports, dashboards and planning views based on different user requirements.
● Help colleagues in building their own simple and complex JQL queries.
● Follow the Incident Management process to log and track all Atlassian related Incidents / Service
Requests in Jira Service Desk, manage technical escalations from the IT Support Team and
ensure that Incidents are updated daily with meaningful updates, quality and troubleshooting
steps performed. Ensure that incidents are resolved within the set SLA’s.
● Monitor queue health and identify ways to proactively address trends.
● Troubleshoot issues, communicate with process owners and continue to improve support
● Communicate to our customer base through various channels to resolve application issues
through code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis.
● Create and curate knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers solve any
issues they might be experiencing.
● Collaborate with the team to define new methods and system changes to improve the customer
experience, reduce overall resolution times, and improve team efficiency and quality.
● Ensure that priority 1 / critical issues are communicated to the IT leadership team and key
stakeholders for visibility and awareness.
● Working with clients to assess current state processes and tools, defining solution requirements,
and developing solutions in alignment with these requirements.
● Development using Java, and other programming languages and development tools.
● Manage the development and implementation of test-to-production processes, quality assurance, maintenance and documentation of applications.
● Develop and maintain JIRA integration with other tools (e.g., Slack, Oracle) through Rest APIs.
● Problem Management to ensure that incidents are reviewed for recurring issues and problems
are highlighted. Provide workarounds, perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and document Known
● Change Management to assess / minimize the impact to production services. Ensure there is
communication to the users of any disruption to services.
● Perform the duties of JIRA maintenance, administration, upgrade and enhancements.
● Implement and maintain Atlassian documentations (User Guides, Operations Guides, Training
Manuals, Technical Documents, etc.)
● Introduce best practices of the Atlassian tools to maximize efficiency and provide
recommendation and enhancement of the systems and processes.
● Manages day-to day Sponsor and User interaction and expectations
● Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions
● Effectively work with cross departments
● Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
● Keeps track of Lessons Learned and shares those lessons with team members
● Combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot issues
● Dynamic, results-oriented problem solver
● Easily understand, investigate and solve technical problems in a detail driven attitude
● Skilled at evaluating options and generating solutions
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
● Troubleshooting equipment or situations
Essential Skills and Competencies
● Experience in Atlassian/JIRA products, technically configuring, scripting, and developing
workflows, schemas, etc.
● Experience with both SCRUM and Kanban methodologies
● Experience with providing admin support for Atlassian related products
● Knowledge and experience in implementing plug-ins
● Experience in implementing complex JQL queries
● Experience with SSO (Single Sign-On)
● Experience with JAVA development, more specifically groovy
● Experience in managing CMDB and CI relationships
● Knowledge and experience in managing Confluence spaces and pages
● Experience in writing and updating technical and functional documentations such as user
manuals, system documentations and training materials
● Active understanding of Agile development methodologies
● knowledge of ITSM best practices and ITIL processes
● Excellent communicator who can work with and influence all functions and levels
● Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations
● Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
● Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar displace
● Must be fluent in English (Written / Spoken)
...Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership and who shoots to the moon and
beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application!