|Date Posted||December 12, 2020|
Information Technology Jobs in Pakistan
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Contour Software has grown from a 13-employee business unit, to a 950-employee organization by the end of its first decade.
As a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., we are proud to be part of a global enterprise software conglomerate that has grown to become the largest Canadian software company, with employees and customers in 100+ countries. With a broad-based and ever-growing portfolio of market-leading, vertical-market enterprise solutions covering more than 90 industry domains in predominantly mature markets, CSI's recipe creates the perfect environment for professionals to build fulfilling, long-term careers.
What started as a development centre, has progressed into a global centre serving R&D, CS, PS, S&M, and various G&A sub-departments (such as IT, Finance, M&A, Legal,..), at the divisional as well as operating group/corporate level.
While local projects and acquisitions are now also being evaluated, today Contour employees, located in Karachi, Lahore & Islamabad, are serving CSI divisions located in time zones spanning the globe, from Sydney to Vancouver. With mature yet growing service lines, as well as some post-pilot stage services, and the global growth of Constellation as the wind in our sails, we are only just getting started!
We are seeking a corporate lawyer, experienced in an international business environment, ideally with experiences gained at multi-national or North America-centric organizations, most preferably in information technology-related domains. The chosen professional also needs to have noteworthy exposure and experience with local Pakistani laws and regulations, for day to day legal support.
The chosen professional shall work from the Contour Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad office, and collaborate with senior corporate management located in Pakistan as well as Canada and the US, reporting locally to the business unit management, and functionally to the operating group's General Counsel in the US.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Take on ownership of company compliance with regards to International, Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
- Act as key our financial client, for executive management, for exposure mitigation on all fronts, including contracts involving employment, leases, data and security, insurance coverage, etc.
- Take on preparation, filing, organization and maintenance of corporate books and records, including bylaws, resolutions, board of director changes, annual reports, etc.
- Provide administrative and contract support related to local laws around contracts, employment, leases, insurance coverage, data and security, and for standard corporate agreements, such as non-disclosure, marketing, and independent contractor agreements.
- Support the company's acquisition activities, including participating in contract review in due diligence, preparing ancillary agreements and internal contribution agreements for acquisitions, and assisting in post-acquisition integration efforts.
- Providing administrative support for documents and activities related to corporate restructurings, such as mergers, acquisitions, and formations. Maintaining subsidiary lists, entity charts, and officer/director designations for entities.
- Act as conduit of and ensure timely alignment and compliance with legal requirements and policies flowing from corporate or group level.'
- Coordinating and receiving director and officer signatures for documents and materials.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates with US/Canada/UK/European Law degree and 5-10 years of experience working for multi-national, trans-national or US/Canada/European companies, focused on corporate law.
- Candidates with local LLB/LLM from HEC recognized institutions, with 8-13 years of experience at busy firms focused on corporate law, and some exposure to North American and European corporate law, are also encouraged to apply.
- Exposure and experience with local/Pakistani laws is very important for the role.
- Candidates with corporate law experience involving Mergers & Acquisitions, especially involving Intellectual Property and/or Software, or experience at Telcos, and exposure around international law areas involving data protection etc, shall be preferred.
- Candidates who are lifelong learners, who stay abreast of evolving local and international laws, shall distinguish themselves.
- A conscientious, self-driven professional is sought, who would work per business deadlines, and be able to juggle multiple and evolving priorities well.
- Must be computer literate with immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates with international travel experience preferred but not necessary.
- Current practicing certificate not necessary.
Exciting Benefits We Offer
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment