|Date Posted||January 26, 2021|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Provide strategic direction for the effective use of human resources at LUMS. To plan, lead, develop and coordinate the policies and staff of the HR department ensuring legal compliance to, and implementation of the University’s overall vision, mission and strategy. This covers all aspects of HR service delivery inclusive of attraction, development and retention of talent and ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing support to the Vice Chancellor (VC) and the Provost, on all major initiatives of the University.
The ideal candidate will act as an employee champion and a leader of change. You will plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the University's human resource function and performance.
- Devise a strategic plan for the University’s HR strategy;
- Advise the VC, Provost, Directors and Head of Departments in areas of policy, contracts and other matters related to Human Resources;
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, employee career development, succession planning, retention programs, training and leadership development;
- Develop initiatives, policies and programs to complement existing practices and create consistency across the organization;
- Oversee benefit and compensation plans to ensure cost efficiencies and attractiveness to retain top talent;
- Responsible for recruitment of staff positions and supporting the activities of academic appointments, consistent with the University's Diversity and Equal Opportunities plan;
- Serve as a lead authority to ensure University policies, procedures and systems comply with government regulations (for example discrimination, harassment, taxation, pension, etc.);
- Oversee the development and implementation of training programs for faculty and staff;
- Act as a change agent to ensure cultural and organizational development;
- Provide analytics and reports to the Management on HR related KPIs;
- Perform related duties as assigned by the VC;