|Date Posted||December 29, 2020|
Product & Project Management
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Daraz is South Asia's leading online shopping and selling platform present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. We currently operate an ecosystem of ~50,000 sellers serving 10 million consumers with more than 20 million listed products.
In May 2018 Daraz was acquired by Alibaba Group, and we are proud to carry our part of the mission to 'make it easy to do business anywhere'. As part of the Alibaba ecosystem, we are leveraging Alibaba’s global leadership and experience in technology, online commerce, mobile payment and logistics to drive growth in our markets. Together with Alibaba, we are ready to empower entrepreneurs in the region and to fulfill our promise to offer our customers the best selection of products with a high level of convenience.
We currently have approximately 3,000 employees in across countries and business units.
The Traffic Operation mission is to drive engagement, conversion and retention of all users visiting the Daraz APP, the Traffic Operation team is a strategic function that spearheads latest e-commerce A.I. technologies and innovative approaches to design user journeys from onboarding, product discovery, making purchase decisions to recurring purchases. This team is comprised of the Search team, the CRM team, the Campaign Operation team and the User Generated Content team to design solutions that maximize business ROI and operation efficiency. This position reports to the Managing Director of Pakistan
Key responsibilities include:
● Deliver the customer insights, customer conversion and retention programs necessary to power Daraz growth
● Design user journeys to facilitate and encourage users discover products via different channels such as campaigns, search or CRM.
● Design solutions that incentivize users to make purchase decisions while optimizing the cost of investment.
● Drive operation efficiency by deeply understand the business team's concerns and their workflow. Use big data and AI technology to build innovative solutions that improve business decisions.
● Collaborate with all Daraz departments to build and deliver maximum impact engagement calendar including key campaigns such as 11.11
● Work closely with the Product and Technology teams to design and implement new product features to enhance the platform for growth
● Support the local MD’s and local Head of Traffic Operations in building and training top-quality teams
● Education: Top Engineering or Business School
● Passionate about problem solving, have strong curiosity about human behavior and motivation
● 7+ years of work experience in Management Consulting, Product Operation, or e-commerce functions. Prior experience in CMS, CRM or campaign planning is a plus
● Sharp analytical skills and critical to any given data, with good attention to details
● Strong data analysis capability balanced with good communication skills to drive cross-functional initiatives
● Entrepreneurship mindset, results oriented
● You know how to manage priorities and work with short deadlines
● Highly adaptable to quickly changing environment
● Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to drive and manage cross-functional teams and cross-cultural stakeholders
What we offer
International working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce (Alibaba Group) and business growth.
A platform to learn from Alibaba’s world-leading ecosystem with regular visits to China and South East Asia.
Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, business analytics, and operations.
An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in the ‘tech’ industry.
Competitive salary and incentive package
Health & life insurance
Relocation support (if applicable)