|Date Posted||December 1, 2020|
Graphics & UI Design
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
The Graphic Designer will create graphics that articulate our mission and values across digital and traditional marketing channels. This role is responsible for graphics and communications that enable our members, guests, and staff to have meaningful experiences.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic to work for a community, mission driven non-profit who can see the results of their efforts daily. Must be a self-starter who is able to prioritize the workload effectively, as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure without compromising creativity or accuracy.
The Graphic Designer uses his/her multi-disciplinary experience to design in various media.
1. Design with a high vision of design for digital and print guiding our marketing team towards a digital/mobile first mindset.
2. Create a range of responsive cross-platform design work including web, email, animated banners, and other mobile.
3. Clearly and consistently reinforce branding parameters, design media accordingly towards appropriate audiences; consult with clients to ensure consistent look and communications strategy.
4. Utilize advanced understanding of typography, color theory, branding, photo styling and selection, and design style usage.
5. Apply and advance established brand identity and related creative directions, ensuring consistency with brand positioning and marketing messages across multiple channels.
6. Work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands, tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities.
1. A passion for design and technology, with an eye for and focus on details.
2. Strong knowledge of brand and creative processes and digital best practices in design and communication.
3. Expert skills on Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD and Lightroom.
4. Expertise with animated or motion graphics for in-house video production and use of Premier, After Effects and Finalcut Pro
5. Familiarity with WordPress and basic HTML & CSS knowledge is a plus.
6. Experience designing motion graphics
7. Expert knowledge of digital design principles.
8. Expertise creating digital ads, both static and interactive (video or animation)
9. Expertise creating web graphics and beautiful online experiences
10. Familiarity with UX/UI design
11. Excellent time and project management skills and ability to deliver in a deadline-driven environment. Must be able to work independently and manage multiple projects and people simultaneously.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related area.
2. Minimum of 3 - 4 years of experience in graphic design (must provide a portfolio link showing breadth of work).
THE PERFECT FIT
1. You excel in both print and digital formats
2. You have a passion for great design and are looking for opportunities to innovate
3. You enjoy sharing your talents and expertise
4. You enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, working collaboratively with others, and are obsessive with details and deadlines
5. You have an excellent understanding and usage of Adobe Creative Suite
6. You approach your projects with a sense of excitement and urgency
7. You are passionate about our mission to serve the community
8. You aren’t afraid to think big, and develop ways to make the big ideas happen within budget and time constraints
9. You communicate clearly and have strong interpersonal skills