|Date Posted||December 12, 2020|
Information Technology Jobs in Pakistan
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
At Jonas Leisure we aim to deliver software that provides real and lasting value for fitness, health and leisure businesses. Our innovative software solutions will transform your business, boost your efficiency, and make your life easier.
We are seeking a talented full stack developer fully versed in all aspects of .NET software development for both desktop and web-based applications. Reporting directly to the Development Manager, your core responsibility will be to take on the maintenance and minor feature enhancements of a software product brand new to our business (via recent company acquisition) - operating primarily in the golf/leisure and club space. In addition, the successful candidate will assist the Development Manager with our portfolio of bespoke product integrations for high value customers operating within the health and fitness industry, as well as building out ad-hoc SSRS reports as requests come in.
- Transition product knowledge to Jonas Leisure of the newly acquired software by working alongside the lead developer to document product architecture and sufficient technical documentation to the extent that the lead developer can ultimately retire and allow you to successfully maintain the product and develop minor feature enhancements.
- Work alongside the lead developer during the transition period to implement all the functional requirements associated with the STP (Single Touch Payroll) initiative from the ATO (Australian Tax Office).
- Ability to identify and analyses business requirements and produce cohesive functional specifications for development.
- Work using agile methodology delivering daily updates on development activities. Familiarity with SCRUM and Kanban.
- Work independently within agreed project timeframes and consistently demonstrate your ability to complete the assigned development tasks within the agreed timeframe.
- Participate in peer code review.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Desired Skills And Responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years developing in VB.net on .NET Framework 4.5+. Experience with .NET Core would be beneficial.
- Solid understanding of OOP principles.
- Highly skilled in all aspects of ASP.NET (Web Forms, MVC, Web Api etc.)
- Highly skilled in Windows desktop development (WinForms / Windows Services etc.)
- Solid understanding of databases and querying data (SQL Server, SSRS, Entity Framework etc.)
- Solid understanding of DDD (Domain Driven Design) and TDD (Test Driven Design) .
- Confident working within Visual Studio / Visual Studio Code.
- Source control management with Git.
- Microsoft accreditation / certification would be beneficial.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure welcome but not necessary.
- Knowledge of UX / HCI principles desirable ability to work with UI designs (e.g. Photoshop / Illustrator / XD provided by designers) and hand-code those into system UI's.
Your Personal Character Traits Will Include
- Being fluent in English (speaking, reading & writing) conversational natural language and solid technical comprehension. Must be able to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Being highly logical and analytical with the ability to demonstrate a methodical approach to problem solving. Ability to apply this when trying to replicate software bugs.
- Pays high attention to detail enjoys the pursuit of technical excellence.
- Being a 'Team Player' always puts the success of the group above individual success.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently when required. Personal time management is critical when working to meet often tight deadlines.
- Personal interest in keeping up to date with new / relevant technology.
- Confidence and willing to draw on your own experiences. Not shy to speak up when discussing technical solutions / architecture to propose alternative options if you feel they are warranted. (There are no right answers to wrong questions challenge the status quo).
Exciting Benefits We Offer
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment