|Date Posted||February 8, 2021|
Accounting & Finance
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
- Salary: PKR 125,000/mo (gross)
- Location: Islamabad / Remote
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Minimum Work Experience: 4 Years
- Minimum Education Level: ACCA
- Career Level: Management
- Requirements: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Pakistan
Only applicants with a strong culture and skill fit will be considered.
This is a strategic role with a growing digital agency based in Dubai (UAE), with local operations in Islamabad (Pakistan). The role is located in Pakistan with remote working and management across both operations.
Digital Street is a brand marketing agency, with offices in Dubai and Islamabad, working with growth and enterprise brands worldwide.
Learn more at digital.st
Digital Street is committed to equal opportunity employment and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, or orientation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, finance professional, to help us manage our bookkeeping, taxes, planning, budgeting, investor presentations, and forecasting needs.
The ideal candidate has at least 4 years of relevant experience, is ACCA certified, and really enjoys translating numbers into strategies that will give both businesses clear direction.
Routine responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Financial Governance & Systems
- Develop and implement battle-tested financial systems
- Systematic storing of all documents (billable work, payments, invoices, etc.)
- Involvement in developing commercial agreements and contracts
- Drive financial forecasting and budgeting for company growth
- Recording project-wise costs related to each project for profitability break-down
- Preparing budget forecasts to inform management decisions on sales, spend and overall strategy for the business.
- Scheduling and management of routine company credit card payments
- Monthly Bookkeeping
- Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Maintain a system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets
- Monthly coordination of bookkeeping and financial management between UAE and Pakistan operations
- Regular Financial Management
- Preparation of salary sheet and calculation of taxes
- Ensure monthly transfers, payments and remittances are performed with consistency
- Reconciliation and management of all company liabilities and bank accounts
- Annual financial statements for audit with auditor firms in both markets
- Preparation of monthly management reports, profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, and bank reconciliation statements
- TAX filing
- Providing accounting and clerical support to ensure that financial transactions are in compliance and with the FTA (UAE) and FBR (Pakistan) regulations.
- Preparation, validation, and submission of monthly and quarterly VAT returns for the UAE entity
- Preparation, validation, and submission of Pakistan filings and compliance with FBR and SECP
- Handle relevant tax reporting (payables and receivables). Ensure collections and payments are done in line with UAE and Pakistan regulations
- Prepare and manage all documents in line with VAT regulations and other related activities
- Team Management
- This is a supervisory role with a small team performing various functions
- Send payment slips to the team after each month’s payroll
- Preparing invoices for approval and submitting them to clients
- Follow up on pending invoices and on any consultant queries
- Liaise with audit firm for any queries on transactions / information they request for bookkeeping
- Preparation of client service invoices as required
- Coordinate the collection of payments with clients and ensure deposits into the company account
- Self-starter, not looking to be pushed, but pushing others to do more, better
- Proven success in managing organizational financial records
- Disciplined and highly organized, with great respect for time management
- Exceptional command over QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other tools with financial reporting and management
- The propensity to develop knowledge over new technologies that facilitate the role
- Not afraid to make mistakes and learn proactively from them
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and desire to constantly improve and reinvent self
- Is a team player, but holds the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to solve complex problems with professional, creative, and practical methods
- Willingness to adopt a flexible work schedule
- Possess good time and stress management skills
- Open disposition with the ability to take constructive criticism in a positive light and use it for self-motivation / development