|Date Posted||April 24, 2019|
|Education Requirement||Bachelors/Master’s Degree|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
|Street address||Islamabad Capital Territory|
Contract type: Fixed Term
Application Closing Date: 7 May 2019
Interview date: 12 May 2019
Start date: 1st July 2019
The position is responsible for the management of general financial operations of the country office, including but not limited to, managing General Ledger (GL), Sub-ledgers, preparing bank reconciliations, ensuring compliance reviews are conducted on all transactions and provide financial analysis of accounts. The position holder will review data entry operations, act as a custodian of digitized data and the focal point of bank, manage intra-company accounts, review accounts data, remain an integral part of the "project audit preparation" team, and perform third party taxation accounting.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good technical accounting skills.
- Experience of financial planning, bookkeeping practice and principle, knowledge of internal controls, general ledger, cash management and reconciliations, payroll processing and taxation.
- 5 years of experience of financial reporting, measurement and analysis.
- Experience of rules and regulations for non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of donor financial reporting and donor procurement procedures.
- Experience of working in multiple foreign currencies.
Financial and Information Technology Systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly.
- Use of accounting software, SUN Accounts system preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Experience gained within a volunteering/Non-Governmental Organization context.
Right to work in Pakistan is required.
Equal Opportunities and benefit:
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. Qualified and experienced females are highly encouraged to apply. VSO also provides medical coverage for dependents and flexible working options.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.