|Date Posted||February 16, 2021|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with more than 95 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people defeat obesity, haemophilia, growth disorders and other serious chronic diseases.
Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk employs over 43,000 people in 80 countries, and markets its products in more than 170 countries.
Novo Nordisk in Pakistan, a leader in diabetes care, is working closely with the stakeholders together with 260 plus engaged colleagues across the country. Changing Diabetes is Novo Nordisk’s response to the global diabetes challenge. In Novo Nordisk, we have a clear purpose. It is to defeat diabetes, obesity, and other serious chronic diseases, globally and in Pakistan.
We believe we have a great working culture and a clear purpose to defeat diabetes and obesity in everything we do. We are looking for a progressive commercial professional with a can-do attitude. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
So, if you strive for excellence like we do, and have a clear patient-centric mindset, then we’re looking forward to talking to you and potentially you will have a life changing career in Novo Nordisk.
About The Department
Novo Nordisk Pakistan affiliate has been growing fast and our 300+ employees share a passion for changing patient lives. You will be joining a highly qualified team and you will report directly to the Patient Access Manager.
At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent, and we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Main Accountabilities Include
Executes the Market Access and Public Affairs Plan according to the overall affiliate business plan and strategy in their key account and territory. Contributing to maximize the value of Novo Nordisk business in affiliate by driving excellence in Market Access execution and representing Novo Nordisk vision, values and commitments when facing the customer.
- Develop and monitor intelligence on the market access landscape in the affiliate with respect to Novo Nordisk and competition access, healthcare system changes, HTA developments and general trends in the field.
- Execute Affiliate MAPA Plan based on local needs and strategy aligned with Affiliate ambition.
- Execute strategic Market Access frameworks such as payer engagement, negotiation and objection handler in close collaboration with IO/BA.
- Collaborate closely with critical functional areas in affiliate (Marketing, CMR, and Business Development) to drive aligned actions and tactics for local Market Access.
- Align negotiation tactics with internal pricing policies.
- Develop insights on local payers and ensure optimal prioritization and segmentation.
- Ensure execution of pre-defined plan based on understanding of account funding distribution-flows, decision drivers, influencers and market dynamics.
- Leverage effectively Novo Nordisk negotiation framework by executing tactics that feed into the strategy to maximize the value of Novo Nordisk business.
- Communicate how payers’ interests shape their positions and adapt planning and execution accordingly both for negotiations and sustained account management.
- Adapt the national market access plan for regional market access based on the regional dynamics.
- At least 3 years of experience in the pharma industry
- University Degree (preferably within quantitative/management discipline) from a well-recognized institute.
- Medical and commercial knowledge gained by account management / sales representative experience in commercial, business, medical functions
- Ability to work within a cross functional team
- Direct experience required in at least two of the areas (and exposure in other areas desired)
- Healthcare system
- Brand Value Communications
- Payer Engagement
- Market Access
- Customer insight gathering
- Customer value proposition tailoring and utilisation
- Negotiation and business acquisition
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we strive for excellence. You share the same passion and commitment as our employees in our journey to make a difference to patients’ lives. In exchange, we offer you the chance of a lifetime to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from unmatched opportunities for professional and personal development.
Kindly send your CV online (click on Apply and follow the instructions).
02 March 2021
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.