|Date Posted||August 28, 2019|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
As the Education Program Manager, you will be responsible for bringing GitLab into the classroom: increase the usage of GitLab in academia to enable students to take that experience to their future workplaces.
- Run and develop the GitLab for Education program to grow the number of educational institutions that adopt GitLab.
- Establish relationships with educational institutions to produce inspirational case studies of their use of GitLab. Work with them to integrate GitLab in their curriculum.
- Expand the GitLab for Education program with a learning package to facilitate and incentivize the use of GitLab for educational purposes.
- Design and implement a Campus ambassador program: enable institutions and students to organize events and create materials to evangelize GitLab.
- You have 5-7 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source in nature.
- Analytical and data driven in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with developer tools, Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes.
- A background and relationships in the academia and research spaces are a plus.
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will be asked to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Community Relations.
- Candidates will be asked to schedule a second and third 45 minute interview with two members of the Community Relations team.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a fourth 45 minute interview with our CMO.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
Key Performance Indicators
A Key Performance Indicator for this role is the number of educational institutions and students adopting GitLab per month.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook . The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Project Management
- Information Technology