|Date Posted||February 6, 2021|
N.G.O./Social Services Jobs
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Divisional Project Officer - Hyderabad & Karachi Divisions
Ipas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unintended pregnancies and unsafe abortion. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure that women and girls can enhance their sexual and reproductive health via affordable, safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion and contraceptive care.
Under the leadership of the Divisional Project Advisor and, guidance of the HS and CE unit country office, responsible for assisting in establishing high quality training centers and sites, implementing effective training and service delivery, monitoring, reporting and follow-up support activities in the respective assigned division.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Position Based in Hyderabad)
- Works closely with Senior/Health Systems Advisor, Senior/Community Engagement Advisor and Divisional Project Advisor by providing support including: preparing and assisting with the production of reports, fact sheets, taking responsibility for tracking training deadlines in collaboration with training partner; coordinating logistics and planning for follow-up, mentoring. Serve as primary back up to the Sr./Health Systems Advisor and Sr./ Community Engagement Advisor at respective division level as appropriate.
- In collaboration with training partner organizations/and clinical trainers; Identify, conduct baselines, assess improvement needs and plan training for public/private primary, secondary and tertiary level health and population facilities/staff and different level of private sector health care clinics/staff.Ensure implementation of Ipas standard training, mentoring activities and other supportive supervision provided post-training. Liaise with Ipas intervention sites staff to streamline operational issues and support implementation of high-quality care.
- Under community engagement component, ensure his/her availability for Training of Trainers (TOT) for LHW supervisors. Participate in LHWs trainings wherever possible. Provide technical backstopping to CBO in the documentation for all training activities and community sessions in coordination with the Country Office Community Engagement team. Monitor at least 5 to 6 community sessions in each intervention districts per quarter in ICT/RWP division through monitoring check lists. Collect data from LHWs elaj mualija register wherever possible to track the number of cases referred to Ipas intervention sites by LHWs.
- Collaboration with district/ facility level focal person/M&E coordinator and other staff for data collection and post intervention progress reporting.
Reporting And Documentation
- Prepare reports on training events and other program activities related to health systems and community engagement. Ensure timely KPIs/performance indicators are regularly tracked and achieved and follow up on the progress.
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Collaborate with activity leads within the team and supporting them
- Collaborate and provide oversight and technical support to Pakistan sub-contracted partners for strengthening/upgradation service delivery sites, clinical trainings and follow up.
- Travel as and when required with supervisor/CD’s approval
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/CD
- A dditional SOW from other divisions of same nature of work may be added per need of the project.
- Only females (fulfilling below requirements) are eligible to apply - Due to nature of Job Description and cultural sensitivty (as the position demands going to labor rooms and attending trainings)
- Pakistani national
- Bachelor’s in medicine/pharmacy/nursing/midwifery, preferably with 2+ years clinical experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Public health preferably Reproductive health project implementation
- At least one year of experience in preparation and supervision of clinical trainings
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-cultural team based environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of organization-wide team
- Demonstrated computer experience
- Additional cross-cultural/language skills, fluent in English and Urdu
- Ability to travel up to 50% time annually
- Master’s in Public Health is preferred
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Established relationships with public sector/health organizations
- Working knowledge of budget oversight
- Experience working in Sexual and Reproductive Health field.
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy