|Date Posted||January 22, 2021|
Education & Academia
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
About the job
The Deputy Registrar position is responsible for smooth execution of all operations in the Academic Systems and Registrar's Office at Habib University as per the University's vision, the guidelines of the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan, the requirements of accrediting agencies such as the Pakistan Engineering Counsel (PEC), National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC) and the Chartered Inspection and Evaluation Committee (CIEC), and federal and provincial laws.
The incumbent will assist in and/or oversee academic planning, student enrollment, planning and execution of exams, result compilation and grade posting, development of academic calendar and course schedule, and planning and execution of important periodic student-centric events, such as the Annual Convocation, award functions, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Power user of PeopleSoft Campus Solution (PSCS) with exceptional command over Enrollment Management, Curriculum Management, Class Roster, Grade Roster, Student Records and Degree Audits.
- Strategic enrollment management; attendance, achievement, and related matters; assist in expediting transfer of student records to PSCS.
- Work closely with different departments, including human resources, security, academic advisers, student life, student finance, admissions office, Office of Academic Performance, and the student council.
- Liaising with federal and provincial agencies and services, and student’s families.
- Planning and conducting student enrolment, course scheduling, degree and honors certifications, transfer credit evaluations, commencement, production and distribution of the academic year planner, academic calendar, and course catalogs.
- Managing post-registration processes, including administering changes in enrollment, maintaining class records, processing grade recording and reporting, and the interpretation and application of academic rules and regulations.
- Maintaining and monitoring the database for student records, academic advisement, registration, and faculty, in accordance with University policies, guidelines of the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan, the requirements of accrediting agencies such as Pakistan Engineering Counsel (PEC), National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC) and the Chartered Inspection and Evaluation Committee (CIEC), and federal and provincial laws.
- Managing the retention, retrieval, control, integrity, and privacy of all permanent academic records for all current and former students of the University.
- Ensuring accessibility of results for faculty members, appropriate faculty committees and administrative offices.
- In partnership with the IT department, regularly reviewing best practices in the application of technology for enrollment processes and records retention.
- Adopting flexible, agile technical solutions, as appropriate, in supporting continuous improvement of operations.
- Managing departmental operating budget and expenditures.
- Performing various other tasks as assigned by the Associate Dean for Academic Systems & the University Registrar.
- Managing the team responsible for the Degree Audit and ensuring that service level standards and data integrity are maintained.
- Ensuring the integrity of the institution in application of academic policies and the conferral of academic degrees and awards.
- Ensuring that the student and university records are maintained appropriately in compliance with federal and provincial laws, as well as any other applicable regulations.
Convocations / Commencements:
- Planning and holding pre-commencement meetings as secretary.
- Planning and holding convocation rituals and proceedings.
- Identifying nominations for President’s and Dean’s medals.
Examinations and Records:
- Examination planning, scheduling, organizing, recording and posting approved grades.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders for conduct of examinations.
- Managing physical record of results and examination answer books with respective class information.
- Ensure strict compliance of code of conduct during each exam.