|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
Information Technology Jobs in Pakistan
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Able to provide guidance on optimizing databases and queries on existing and new projects.
- Server-side development and maintenance
- Provide database development, architecture, and management support
- Experience using and setting up proxySQL environments to provide load balancing.
- Setting up database replication.
- Optimizing database configuration to handle load specific to the project.
- Development of SQL Views and transformations to expose data to partners as well as decisions regarding correct authorization of data.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Informational Technology (IT), Computer Science, or related discipline.
Expertise in PostgreSQL
Experience optimizing database configuration to handle load specific to the project.
At least 2 years of experience as a database administrator is required.
Having the Following Skills will be counted as a plus point:
Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5.7/8.0 Database Administrator
Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 8.0 Database Developer
Other Database Administration and Developer Certifications are a plus
Analytical skills: Able to evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources.
Communication skills: Must communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
Problem-solving skills: Ability to troubleshoot problems when they arise