|Date Posted||January 21, 2021|
Telecommunication & ISP
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Employment Type: This is a contractual position.
Duration: 12 months. The contract may be extendable depending on requirement of the business.
Location: This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Last Date to Apply: 28th January, 2021.
The successful candidate will function as a ‘hands-on’ technical resource for implementing cloud infrastructure and be responsible for defining all technical aspects of the solution to include the approach, architecture, analysis, technologies, cost and execution.
The person in this position will work with and integrate technologies, cloud management tools and converged infrastructure.
Your Impactful Goals will include:
You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, test and implement new technology solutions related to network while covering all aspects including demand, capacity and forecast management.
How will your Typical Day look like:
- Work as Datacenter network planning resource for IT and telco data center design, expansion and integration plans
- Responsible for ensuring demand management and associated implementation
- Responsible to coordinate and collaborate with vendors/partners for network planning and subsequent implementation
- Responsible to support internal teams in information compilation and reporting related to network architecture
- Responsible to keep updating design documents
- Coordination and collaboration with vendors to conduct site surveys for upcoming implementation
- Coordination and collaboration with vendors/partners for hardware implementation
- Ensure proper evaluation of new network technology solutions, participate in technical workshops
- Design and implement Software Defined Networks, Routing, Switching and Network Security (Firewalls) in Data Centre, call centre, corporate LAN/WiFi, VPN, as per the standards and best industry practices
- Design and develop architecture diagrams/artefacts for new solutions
- Participate in writing technical HLD/LLD
- Engage and coordinate with partners/vendors in network infrastructure implementation activities
- Execute all corporate scalability projects, working with vendors and cross functional teams
- Responsible for corporate infrastructure documentation, diagrams, IP scheming and configuration templates
- Plan to upgrade and implementation of Enterprise network security considering the future requirements with technology evolution of HW, SW, IOS, bugs and security patches
What we’re looking for?
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in same or relevant position in a reputed company.
- Experience in Planning & Deployment of network – SDN Networks and related Products, Routers, Switches, Firewall, DC Security and related.
- Firewall Certifications (i.e. JNCIS-Security)
- CCNP/CCDP data center/ routing & switching preferable
- Previous experience on designing and deploying Data centre, Mobile Core and/or ISP network.
- Deployment experience of SDN.
- Deployment experience of Firewall clusters and Cluster Management.
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas
- Working Knowledge and hands-on experience of Designing, Planning and Deployment of: 1. Cisco SDN Solution – Nexus Series and associated equipment 2. Cisco FTD/ Juniper SRX 3. Nokia Nuage SDN and related products 4. Network security components 5. Network Integration with Cloud Environment
- Working experience in hardware installation
- Innovative, proactive and customer focused
- Self-driven, adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work as an independent resource as well as part of a team, across multiple stake-holders
- Interpersonal communication skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing) in (English/Urdu)
Why should you join Telenor?
At Telenor Pakistan, we provide you the platform to work in a challenging and rewarding environment to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. As one of the top employers of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in a collaborative environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
As an equal employment opportunity provider, Telenor Pakistan makes all decisions of employment purely based on merit irrespective of race, caste, gender, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.