|Date Posted||January 25, 2021|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Shape the future of a growing businesswith Our Team in Siemens Pakistan ...
We are a collection of innovative minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for people with skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Today, we are recruiting for EHS Country Officer who can Join Our Team in Karachi office and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The Country EHS Officer supports the Country CEO in fulfilling her/his EHS responsibility. Ensures that all applicable legal and Siemens internal requirements in EHS are implemented and a certifiable EHS Management System is maintained and effective. Sets and implements Country EHS roadmap based on business strategy and Corporate/Operating Company EHS roadmap. Guides and leads the organization in the planning, execution, ongoing analysis and improvement of EHS related measures. Convinces himself that local legal requirements and the EHS Policy Framework have been fulfilled by all Company Units operating in the Country. Maintains and fosters close interaction with respective Operating Company’s EHS Officer and Country counterparts.
Your Role – Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- The Country EHS officer heads EHS organization assigned and leads all related management and staff and reports to Country CEO as well as respective BU’s EHS Officer (shared management responsibility.
- Collaborates with Country CEO and management team and other support functions and services as well as all relevant interfaces globally to achieve the EHS policy objectives.
- Adapts, promotes, and implements global EHS programs and initiatives and monitors their effectiveness. Contributes to/supports/leads projects of Global EHS Roadmap.
- Plans and aligns the budget and personnel resources for EHS in the Country.
- Participates in the selection/ staffing of EHS positions and to ensure an adequate competence management and training system for EHS-related competences.
- Ensures EHS Management System implementation and drives continuous improvement for the Country organization. Plans, implements, and follows up the audit/assessment/inspections program (including certification audits where applicable).
- Participates in the Siemens Country Crisis Management Team.
- Ensures that applicable statutory requirements are identified and accorded to.
- Contributes to analyzing stakeholder EHS requirements.
- Ensures implementation of EHS related risk management in processes, projects, and products. Ensures and controls EHS related reporting as to local and Siemens requirements.
- Ensures adequate EHS related communication towards internal and external stakeholder and authorities.
- Provides a forum for practice sharing amongst EHS practitioners across organizational units.
- Ensure Identification of critical EHS issues, Prioritization of improvement project/action, realistic budget and resource planning and the Coordination of personal EHS related targets for BU management, individuals and / or teams.
- Development, implementation, and documentation of a consistent EHS Management System based on EHS related requirements in alignment with the Siemens Guidelines, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 Standard.
- Ensure corporate compliance concerning Product Safety, Environmental Protection, Health Management & Safety.
- Ensure implementation and controlling of EHS requirements to gain a sustainable higher quality in process/ projects. If necessary, refusal of development, production, shipping, and acceptance release. Initiate continues improvement with employee support. This requires personal involvement in process and projects.
- Ensure supplier management with best management methods. This comprises supplier related processes like selection, information, development, integration, monitoring and auditing.
- Planning, initiative, and coordination of continuous improvement with top management.
- Providing concepts and pragmatic tools like clear organizational roles, integration in process and project design, assurance of management attention and resources for implementation of EHS management system. Initiating best practice sharing.
- Ownership for audits, assessments, and preparation of management reviews, this includes regular internal assessments based on the EHS Management system & Guidelines.
- Direct reporting to BU Management with recommendation of improvement actions and the follow up controlling.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Degree in technical education and/or EHS related/relevant fields (e.g. Safety Engineer) and/or recognized certificates (e.g. NEBOSH). Evidenced training/expertise in the broader spectrum of EHS topics. Expert level knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 45001 / OHSAS 18001 management system and implementing/ managing management system elements. Proven experience in working with management systems
- 10+ years of successful experience in EHS field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge.
- At least 5 years of management experience (incl. leading teams, intercultural experience, project management experience).
- Excellent virtual Team Player and Networker
- Virtual Collaboration Skills; Social Media Communication and Influencing Skills
- Digital Technology and Data Analytic Skills (Realtime Data, Cloud, Tableau, Smart Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) )
- Coworking and Problem-solving Skills; lean & agile methods and proven tools
- Executive Management Presentation and Key Stakeholder Management skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- High IT affinity. Working experience with different tools and ERPs
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time