|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
With its head office in Karachi, the AGTL plant at Dera Ghazi Khan, manufactures New Holland (Fiat) tractors in technical collaboration with CNHI - Case New Holland, the Number One manufacturer of agricultural tractors in the world. The AGTL plant, an icon of engineering dynamics operates on high efficiency. With Quality Control and Quality Assurance, quality improvement systems exist at every level. One of our mission statement reads: “Our most enduring competitive edge is the quality of tractors”.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Role Purpose & Context
As part of C-Suite Leadership of Group management team in country, the CFO will be reporting to Al-Futtaim Division CFO and will responsible for end to end management of financial, commercial, operational and governance health of the company with key roles including:
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the executive management team, CEO, Chairman and members of the Board
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, IT and legal related procedures
Description Of The Accountability
- Performance Management: Set, and lead the delivery of, annual and long-term business performance objectives for the company. Manage and report on performance; hold direct reports accountable for achievement of business plans, and take corrective action where necessary to ensure achievement, balancing the need to deliver short term business objectives with the longer-term delivery of stakeholder value.
- Strategic Collaboration: Contribute to the development of the company’s strategy and participate in management decision-making meetings, assigned committees and collaborative processes.
- Treasury & Risk Management: Oversee the execution of all treasury activities including cash flows, risk management and investment management and ensures availability of capital and operational funds to the company when required.
- Financial Controlling: Responsible for leading the finance pillar and guiding the overall company's performance by providing robust financial planning, budgeting and operational controls to the organization. The role also leads the reporting of financial performance and status of the business based on the financial reports, accounts and the external market outlook along with establishing strong internal monitoring and control procedures.
- Operational Turnaround / Transformation: Spearhead the role of operational turnaround initiatives to make Company ready for future growth in both organic and inorganic way. CFO will be required to identify the areas where a transformation will be required and identify through a project key actions which will be required to turnaround and transform the operational area. This will include the support commercial teams to develop the project plan, determine the financial resources required to execute such initiatives / projects and on approval from the Board monitor the progress against the set financial / operational benchmarks.
- Commercial Partnering: Responsible for the review and health of Company’s end to end commercial strategy including customer and vendors management, CFO will be required to engage commercial teams and review the draft strategies, guide on any feedback, provide any early red-flags and review implementation of such strategies against Board’s / Leadership’s mandate. This will include providing any necessary course correction feedback and support commercial teams to successfully execute those strategies.
- Board Relationship: Responsible to develop and improve relationships with Board members, identifying priorities, issues and strategic challenges and preparing them for discussion.
- Corporate Representation: Represent the organization in external relations with banks, Govt. institutions, the public and others.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Identify and manage stakeholders up to C-suite level and Divisional Leadership, finding out their needs/ issues/concerns and reacting to these by leading and coordinating the development of stakeholder engagement plans to support the communication of business information and decisions.
- Legal framework and Risk Management: Smooth management of Legal framework through a team of inhouse and externally engaged Legal Counsel including all aspects of Civil, Corporate and Contractual legal diligence and risk management
- Spearhead the Execution of Divisional / Group IT Strategy: Responsible for the management of performance of Company’s IT strategy and execution team. This will include creation and execution of Company’s IT strategy (business target operating model, architecture blueprint, service strategy, etc.) for the Company and businesses to grow and optimize the business that is fully aligned with the Group IT Strategy and the Divisional business strategy.
- Governance & Controls: Responsible for Governance and Control as first line of defense, CFO will be ensuring that robust governance structures are established to manage day to day operations within the charter approved by Board / Group policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with Policies, Standards and strengthen internal controls. Identify and manage key risks in [Vertical] business
- Leadership & Team Management: Build a lean, skilled and fully engaged team. Develop team in line with target competencies and build bench strength in team. Promote and fast-track your talent within Al-Futtaim. Prepare and manage budgets based on annual strategy review and planning cycle.. Build industry relationships to stay abreast with latest developments, innovation and [Vertical] business direction .
Education: Qualified Chartered Accountant from a professional body of Accountants
Minimum Experience and Knowledge: 15+ years financial experience | Big 4 Experience | at least 6 years’ experience as CFO of large conglomerate preferably MNCs
- Strategic Mindset | Balances Stakeholders | Instil Trust | Business Insight | Communicate Effectively | Manage Ambiguity | Being Resilient | Plans & Align | Manage Conflict | Situational Adaptability | Persuade | Build Effective Teams | Drive Vision & Purpose | Interpersonal Savvy
- Action Planning | Strategic Planning | Analytical and costing skills | Verbal Communications | Policies & Procedures | Reporting | Compliance Management | Managing Change | General Accounting & GAAP | Project management skills | Analysis and troubleshooting