|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
Information Technology Jobs in Pakistan
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are
- As Big Data Architect, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big data solutions. You will be involved in the design of data solutions using Hadoop based technologies like MapReduce, Hive, MongoDB or Cassandra
What you will do
- You are responsible for Hadoop development and implementation including loading from disparate data sets, preprocessing using Hive and Pig.
- Scope and deliver solutions with the ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture.
- Maintain the production systems like Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You’ll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in IT Industry and 5 year in Big Data implementations
- Technology expertise of solutioning in Hadoop, Hive, Spark / PySpark, SQL, Oozie along Data Modelling in Hive
- Expertise in programming Languages- Java / Python / Scala
- Ability to demonstrate micro / macro designing and familiar with Unix Commands and basic work experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- Working knowledge in one NoSQL database like MongoDB/Cassandra/HBase/Couchbase
- Knowledge of various Big data architectures like Lambda / kappa with usage of automation / scheduling tool like Oozie or Cronacle or any other technology
- Demonstrated ability in solutioning covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, data mart creation and exposing data for consumers
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Hands-on 5 years experience in real time Big Data projects.
- Familiar with one cluster manager like Cloudera Manager or Ambari
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to manage change and be open to it good time management and an ability to work under stress
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.