|Date Posted||December 23, 2020|
Product & Project Management
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Avient Corporation (formerly PolyOne Corporation), with 2019 revenues of $2.9 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world.
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 9,100 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care® and a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. For more information, visit www.avient.com
About The Role
3 Shift System including 1 night shift
Reporting to the PS and Technology Head the Assistant Chemist Quality Control’s purpose is to supervise quality control shift, ensure that all QC testing is conducted as per the SOPs and work instructions. Ensure “Right at first time production” and elimination of all chances of customer complaints in line with Avient's overall objectives.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Ensure the implementation of day-to-day operations of Laboratory by aligning work processes in order to achieve high performance standards, meeting established targets and objectives through effective people management of the shift team.
- To ensure that all quality control tests are performed as per the SOPs. Eliminating chances of non-conformance while testing.
- Ensure that complete testing is performed as per the inspection plan.
- Report any abnormalities in the inspection plan. Taking corrective actions to fix those.
- In case of product failure during quality control tests identification of root cause and taking corrective actions
- Ensuring availability of Master standards and testing materials for the upcoming production schedules
- Inform QC Chemist about any unavailability or shortage of material to avoid surprises.
- Minimize wastage of raw materials, ensuring correct results in first time, and avoiding test repetitions.
- Comply with 5S guidelines, responsible to improve productivity with active participation during performance dialogues in lab.
- Assure proper housekeeping on the lab floor.
- Participate in colour matching and Quality Control PD. Share customer complaints root cause analysis with Laboratory staff on regular basis.
- Liaise with departments and units to effectively respond to customers and external parties’ requests and any internal queries in order to ensure smooth processing of all Laboratory related transactions, and to provide value added contribution to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the company.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the department’s systems, processes, and practices while taking into account international best practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity improvement.
- Maintain action list for issues relating to machine, matching, safety of machinery and equipment.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s of Science degree (fourteen years of education) in Science with Chemistry, Math (Mandatory) and Physics or Statistics (any one).
- Ready to work in shifts.
- Preferably have specialized training in Statistical Quality Control techniques.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Sound decision making
- Good computer literacy skills
- Proficiency in reading and writing English
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, we also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways.
- With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
We believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person’s qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.