|Date Posted||January 30, 2021|
Procurement & Supply Chain
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
Daraz is South Asia's leading online shopping and selling platform present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. We currently operate an ecosystem of ~50,000 sellers serving 10 million consumers with more than 20 million listed products.
In May 2018 Daraz was acquired by Alibaba Group, and we are proud to carry our part of the mission to 'make it easy to do business anywhere'. As part of the Alibaba ecosystem, we are leveraging Alibaba’s global leadership and experience in technology, online commerce, mobile payment and logistics to drive growth in our markets. Together with Alibaba, we are ready to empower entrepreneurs in the region and to fulfill our promise to offer our customers the best selection of products with a high level of convenience.
We currently have approximately 3,000 employees in across countries and business units.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers
- 4 years Bachelor degree (Masters degree preferred)
- 3 to 4 years of experience
What we offer
- International working environment in a start-up setting, and a unique opportunity to learn from the best in e-commerce (Alibaba Group) and business growth
- A platform to learn from Alibaba’s world-leading ecosystem with regular visits to China and South East Asia
- Rigorous training and exposure in team management, leadership, business analytics, and operations
- An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in the ‘tech’ industry
- Competitive salary and incentive package
- Health & life insurance
- Relocation support (if applicable)