|Date Posted||November 16, 2019|
N.G.O./Social Services Jobs
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
IWMI has been awarded the opportunity to implement a 5-year, USAID-funded project titled Water Management for Enhanced Productivity (WMfEP), which supports socio-economic development and political stability in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). The project aims to reduce constraints to productive and sustainable use of water for agricultural production at the Gomal Zam irrigation scheme. The improved water governance and management in KP and the FATA will enable increased farm household income and improved livelihoods to contribute to socio-economic development and political stability in the project areas.
THE PERSON AND THE JOB
The Administrative Officer will work with a team to support the delivery of the Water Management for Enhanced Productivity (WMfEP) project by providing administrative support to staff and partners in the Dera Ismail Khan Field Office. S/he will ensure all IWMI policies, procedures, and processes are maintained to the highest possible standards to ensure compliance with both IWMI and USAID administrative requirements. The Administrative Officer will proactively develop and maintain records and filing systems, ensure effective client, partner and visitor interface, and coordinate all Field Office activities.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the Chief of Party (CoP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) in the management of the IWMI-Field Office in Dera Ismail Khan, including implementing policies and processes, developing/maintaining and updating administrative procedures, developing and maintaining record/filing systems, ensuring effective customer interface for visitors, and coordinating workshops, conferences, etc.
- Assist the CoP and DCoP in interactions with relevant government agencies and other partners.
- Manage the field office space and environment including the supervision of maintenance, cleaning, health and safety, security & transport.
- Oversee the work of other support staff, ensure that research staff have adequate administrative support, ensuring the smooth functioning of travel arrangements and other logistics for special events such as workshops, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Provide programmatic support to research staff by generating periodic project reports as required by IWMI’s headquarters and IWMI’s partners/donors as per specified timelines, updating project records on e-project/e-filing and other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.
- Asset management (fixed and moveable) procurement, maintain a proper record and tracking of all assets and periodically review functionality and use. Ensure all equipment – office, scientific, and vehicles are properly maintained and working; and any obsolete equipment is managed according to IWMI policy, and;
- Undertake relevant assignments as requested by the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party from time-to-time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably with international organizations with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrates good judgement and initiative and highly adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent service delivery approach.
- Good administrative/management and problem solving skills.
- Strong personal organization skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Familiar with Windows Operating System Environment.
- Good IT skills particularly in Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of English.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of Urdu.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of Pashto (Desirable)
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
This is a nationally recruited position and all applicants must be eligible to work in Pakistan. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a transport allowance, medical insurance for self and eligible dependents, as well as life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance.
The duration of the initial contract will be for 2 years with the potential for annual extensions for an additional 3 years, dependent upon on continued funding and institute requirements.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, cover letter which addresses IWMI's requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees, who will be contacted if you are short-listed for the position, and must be attached as one file.
IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and emphasizes the importance of diversity and inclusiveness in identifying candidates for this position and its staff. Women are encouraged to apply.