|Date Posted||December 25, 2020|
Accounting & Finance
|Education Requirement||Bachelors / Masters|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Base Salary||Competitive Salary|
The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing accounting and administrative duties. You will support our business growth and accounting department by processing invoices, transactions, expenses as well as updating our accounting database. Directs and organizes all general accounting activities and accounting staff. Prepares accounting and financial reports. Ensures completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of accounting records. Also ensures accounting systems are in control and takes necessary steps to minimize risk to the organization.This position will give you the opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge and experience.
- Maintains the general ledger, QuickBooks and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company's and established accounting principles; controls all changes to chart of accounts. Responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
- Process invoices and daily transactions and expenses
- Perform administrative support functions
- Update and maintain accounting database with data entry and reports on QuickBooks Software, responsible for maintaining computerized accounting system, backup control, assisting other accounting staff with questions and printing of computer-generated reports and statements.
- Administers preparation of interim, year-end, and comparative financial reports; performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget. Prepares required government reports as directed by the controller and responds to inquiries as necessary. Including quarterly and annual tax returns;
- Stays current with developments, practice trends and promulgations in the accounting profession; monitors accounting systems and recommends new or revised policies and procedures.
- Assists the Management in training and management of accounting staff.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
- Responsible for review and preparation of payroll records and processing of payroll checks and reports by HR Department.
- Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by Management.
- Assists the Management in coordinating the year-end financial audit and preparing schedules and documents for independent (third-party) auditors.
- Maintain other accounts and performs other accounting duties, as required or requested by the Management.
- Handle monthly and quarterly reports
- Handle day-to-day accounting duties including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and payroll
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field of study
- 1-3 years' of experience working in Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with people are essential, as are good leadership skills. Familiarity with commonly-used accounting and spreadsheet applications (e.g., Quicken, Excel) is required.
- Highly detail-oriented
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer and/or calculator.